Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use FF (v 40.0.3) , win 7
I'll download chrome some day and try it, but I ain't no fan of google.
Strange, I also use firefox (different versions, different systems). Any proxy servers in between? Or funny extensions?
Added favicon (LR on the left side of the side name in the browser tabs). What do you think?
(13 Sep 2015, 13:22 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Strange, I also use firefox (different versions, different systems). Any proxy servers in between? Or funny extensions?

No proxy.
I use adblock and ghostery, but those 2 never gave me problems (up till now?)
Yes, they are fine. I wonder if you are indeed "lucky" to be exactly in time with the crashes, upgrades, and restarts 😁
Who knows 😊 Usually I'm not not known for my luck, rather vice versa.

You have an favicon for your site! Nice, I missed that.
BTW, HHVM crashed again (and automatically restarted) in the morning at 05:51 GMT:

Sep 15 05:51 stacktrace.22933.log

😕
Just look at these $#&$&*@ site rippers:

[attachment=16013]

Without HHVM, the site would be down all day today.  If only I could run HHVM in repository authoritative mode, the CPU load would be several times lower...

Still, I've done a good job 😉
Heyho,

if that traffic somehow has a pattern (known spambot/botnet/whatever), maybe you should check whether fail2ban could be used to solve this - if you're familiar with regexes, you can match that against the logfile and block the incoming packets using IPTables or so. You could also import a blocklist (Spamhaus for example) into that....
Had to do that myself with an old project of mine - saved me from having to get a more expensive server though, so was worth the effort.
BTW, nice favicon you got!

Regards

madscientist
No, in this case they were real users from t-ipconnect.de 😁 The IP-addresses are dynamic, so blocking has a limited effect.

(16 Sep 2015, 21:25 )madscientist Wrote: [ -> ]BTW, nice favicon you got!
(15 Sep 2015, 08:54 )herrpee Wrote: [ -> ]You have an favicon for your site! Nice, I missed that.

Thanks guys, finally made it three days ago:

(13 Sep 2015, 21:36 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Added favicon

Was too lazy to draw it by hand, though. Will probably redo it .. later ... 😁