Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could it a sequencing problem?
Like a link going to somewhere first Then to the HHVM?
I don't do to much in programming like you do ( I do hexadecimal embedded programming ) but I do know that if a binary routine adds just one count above or below the stack, then the next routine starts somewhere other than at the beginning of the next routine.

So, maybe the HHVM is starting, but at the wrong location, causing data to be lost and an error occurred.

With all the coding systems around, it sure is hard keeping ahead of the game.

BD01F602E602CA4A60

That's how I code micro processors.
(31 Aug 2015, 14:24 )Tinker D Wrote: [ -> ]Could it a sequencing problem?
Like a link going to somewhere first Then to the HHVM?

It's a bit more complex. The request goes to the web-server (Apache), Apache passes it through the modules (e.g. Google Mod_Pagespeed, that transforms and caches the responses), then if the request is for an HTML file, Apache will respond, if it's a PHP file, Apache passes the request to HHVM. HHVM processes it (using the pre-compiled and cached code or it must compile and cache), queries MySQL database if needed (which itself has various caches). Then the response from HHVM goes back to Apache (that caches the response via the Mod_Pagespeed), and Apache returns the result to the client.

So, there are multiple layers, each layer is very complex and contains bugs 😉
Yea, I can see that.
All it takes is one bug or error and the whole thing gets lost.
And if there is an interruption anywhere in the loop, the whole thing gets kicked back with an error or just stops.

Man, it's going to be a bugger locating an error like that.
And I did not mention the "actual" software: WordPress (blog) and MyBB (forum) plus plugins and corresponding database tables 😁

Neverending fun 😁 But this is actually what I like, however I do not have much time for.
I'm going to experiment with HHVM again. Expect some errors.
OK, another attempt to precompile the whole site and run it from the memory failed 😊 Simple PHP pages work, but blog or forum produce White Screen OF Death (WSOD). I fixed one plugin, that spews fatal errors, one to go, but something else is missing.

More tweaking is needed.
The OS and MyBB have been upgraded to the latest versions. Let me know if anything is broken.
I have the same problem I have on a regular basis: whenever I click last post the page that opens looks like

��}ks�6��g�j�V9��Z�-[���g2������ݛJ�(�8C� �x����������Knw A�zP�g�x*�Hh4�@�����g���|�&��a�??}���T���g�������t��5k��:0�Ўl�5�z��� �L��?��g�Ym֮y��~���a5����FZ˚Y���9u�y�:�;��p���+(wË��^�'�V��7,�������8�9t�,�Ψ:�\���x�hw�ܱ�O,��E�p"�F�+,��9��c�bY��<–��P/���$�C���ꊵj�� ��QQ����fz��� �i}z;��[ג�k�į�:��&6F�M���*�m��c��(�)� �����ؾ��<�܈�Q��V�)�.*��qFΘ91��G?_����se�_ ��qc��X7�4�*a`^T�u��6���� �i�XVw�aX��{̃�z�֬u�Mmj���a�^���j%u?��Ӛ��c� e�oxp��� C�O�)w�*իQ1�ʣ��?�#@�C�u�&���9��h§<?����0*��DC��>; ## +�XL��z��"��/�1l�.
I can't access the page with the suspension self bondage.
(11 Sep 2015, 09:04 )herrpee Wrote: [ -> ]whenever I click last post the page that opens looks like
What browser/OS are you using? Looks like it can not correctly uncompress the web-page. Can you try another browser? Or is there a proxy in between?
I have got that twice now, within 2 months, using slimbrowser from flaskpeak, both times I switched to firefox, pages loaded fine.