Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Found it! It's a documented not yet fixed bug in PHP: https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=79809 (also https://github.com/libgd/libgd/issues/648)

Doc Bug #79809 imagecreatefromwebp() does not support animated WebP
Curious now - trying another animated .webp file

[attachment=44784

so this is what happened....

1st attempt gave me the 'white screen of death'
[attachment=44785]

So I back-tabbed and tried to re-load the same file... only to get this message

[attachment=44786

...and true to the error message there was my file sitting ready to post....which I did!

And it works....

So, if at first you don't succeed....  😁

MJ
...now trying the .gif that isn't a .gif

Nah! It still doesn't like them....
[attachment=44787

..shame really, some are quite good and it seems they are replacing the 'old' .gif in many cases.

MJ
(19 Nov 2020, 15:40 )madjack Wrote: [ -> ]1st attempt gave me the 'white screen of death'
Exactly.
(19 Nov 2020, 15:53 )madjack Wrote: [ -> ]...now trying the .gif that isn't a .gif

Nah! It still doesn't like them....
[Image: post_14_1605797529_b223096d64b2308c3e91b...owtQzH.jpg]    

MyBB wants the correct file extensions to use the correct procedures without further guessing. I added those parameters to the error string to check what numbers and files type MyBB expects. You see, that webp has number 18 (while IMG_WEBP is 32, so it was not easy to guess what MyBB wants 😁 )

The bottom line:

- The extension must match the file type
- Animated WEBP is not properly supported - see the bug above
Even more, there is aeady a new standard - WebP2 😁
Hmmm... having a little trouble trying to upload a simple.mp4 file - I'm certain that I've successfully loaded them before but something is going very wrong.

I can select the file and the 'Add Attachment' - but then just get the never ending whirly things of doom! 

The file is less than 4Mb (or so it claims) so it shouldn't be the size. 

Opens ok on my laptop, so I don't think it's one of those odd files pretending to be one thing when actually another.

twice it's all semi-crashed and posted an empty message (now deleted) and trying it in the test section took so long I dropped the session.... 

is because I said I didn't care for pink?????  🤔    😁 😁 😁 😁 😁

MJ
(16 Dec 2020, 18:03 )madjack Wrote: [ -> ]I can select the file and the 'Add Attachment' - but then just get the never ending whirly things of doom! 
Mmmm... Can you try again? (I've reset all the caches).
(16 Dec 2020, 18:32 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
(16 Dec 2020, 18:03 )madjack Wrote: [ -> ]I can select the file and the 'Add Attachment' - but then just get the never ending whirly things of doom! 
Mmmm... Can you try again? (I've reset all the caches).

Yeah! Working now! 

Thanks Ra!

MJ
... so it was the stalled cache again ... 😟
Quite a few plugins were updated. Among others: MyAlerts, Thankyou/Like, Flash replacement for Games. Please Shift-Reload and let me know if anything is broken.