Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Load 60 is the amount or running active processes. Mostly httpd, php and mysqld.
Disabled more plugins and traced with WP System status. The WP footprint has been decreased, but "top" does not show any differences.

Upgraded to RC3-nightly.

LockedBoots

On your main site, now, i get on evey page i look: Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.

Is it me, or my computer, or is te site under construction ?

I think, 60 is not a number of active processes - it is number of processes waiting for each other. It looks as if they can't all fit into memory, and swaps in and out. Another possible scenario is blocking i/o. It may be useful to watch them with iotop in addition to just top.
(26 Jan 2011, 18:50 )LockedBoots Wrote: [ -> ]On your main site, now, i get on evey page i look: Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.

The menu you mean? WordPress changed the way it deals with categories ( no .../archive/... is needed), so all links need to be corrected. This is what I'm busy right now.
(26 Jan 2011, 18:52 )DeWired Wrote: [ -> ]I think, 60 is not a number of active processes - it is number of processes waiting for each other. It looks as if they can't all fit into memory, and swaps in and out. Another possible scenario is blocking i/o. It may be useful to watch them with iotop in addition to just top.

Not quite:

"the average number of jobs in the run queue over the last 1, 5 and 15 minutes. " All these processes are concurrent and run in parallel.

You're right about he memory ans swapping. This is exactly what happens from time to time. PHP is good but takes helluva memory. The developers should be given an old PDP11 with 128KB RAM....
(26 Jan 2011, 21:43 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
(26 Jan 2011, 18:50 )LockedBoots Wrote: [ -> ]On your main site, now, i get on evey page i look: Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.

The menu you mean? WordPress changed the way it deals with categories ( no .../archive/... is needed), so all links need to be corrected. This is what I'm busy right now.

Nice ... This is changed in 3.1. In 3.0.4 the /archive/ is still there. Probably a bug? Anyway, gonna add a line into .htaccess. That's easier (to screw up the whole site 😁 )
OK, fixed. RewriteRules Rule! ;D
(27 Jan 2011, 00:11 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]OK, fixed. RewriteRules Rule! ;D

You can do nasty things with RewriteRule s - hehe 😁
o- Stopped cPanel services (I rarely use them and they take lots of memory)
o- Made lots of changes in the Blog theme. Mow it's "lighter" and with new gallery. Check it out! Now you can click through all attached images.