Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maybe we need to come over and tie him up?
I have replaced PHP5-FPM with HHVM. The first reference to a PHP file should be slower than with php5-fpm, but all subsequent much faster. Probably it will not be noticeable. But HHVM multithreaded and takes much less memory than separate PHP5 processes.

Please let me know what you see/feel/experience.
Speaking of the KVM vs Xen performance again, here's the disk IO load:

[attachment=15571]

Nice, eh? 😉

Hm, attachments are not visible...

Now they are....
I removed the preparser cache and now the thumbnails are loaded correctly. Meed to properly investigate this later...
(21 Jul 2015, 23:01 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]But HHVM ... takes much less memory than separate PHP5 processes.

Mmmm... 348MB resident. I take this back ... 😁 Let's see what happens.

For those who are interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HipHop_Virtual_Machine
Quote:For those who are interested...

I'd be surprised if anyone understands. I certainly don't 😊
It's about a virtual server that dances real old school hiphop!
Having problems access the site today - getting 503 errors

Anything happening that shouldn't be?

MJ
Yes, my first vacation day.... And #-&$#@@$@$ WordPress decided to automatically upgrade, what apparently broke the DB tunings I made, and trashed the HHVM cache. Or something else. Just rebooted the server, looks OK so far. Thanks to Linode such things are possible from a smartphone.
(24 Jul 2015, 11:33 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]#-&$#@@$@$
And #-&$#@@$@$ happened again. Rebooted the box... That definitely does not make happy....