Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The blog mobile theme is OK, but yesterday I discovered, that some links do not work on some iPhones. I do not belong to Apple fans, but still it's very strange.
I love apples.
In a pie, dipped in Carmel and nuts.
(17 Oct 2018, 03:48 )Tinker D Wrote: [ -> ]I love apples.
In a pie, dipped in Carmel and nuts.
I'm not against such apples either 😁
At first something happened with the host hardware (I got a "urgent reboot" mail from the hoster). Then the interfaces did not come up. No idea why yet, I just configured them manually via the console. Still investigating.
What did you do ??? ??
(22 Oct 2018, 22:23 )Tinker D Wrote: [ -> ]What did you do ??? ??
Nothing:

Quote:Hello,

We have detected an issue affecting the physical host your Linode resides on.

We're working to resolve this as quickly as possible and will update this ticket as soon as we have more information for you.

Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Linode Support Team

And then the interfaces did not come up. So, expect more outages, while I'm trying to fix it. I"m afraid, it's something with the software of physical box.
A likely story.
I’ll bet one of your tweaks backfired causing the host server puke code.
?
Look OK now. The total down time was about 4 hours 😟
Yes, everything looks good on this end as well
Section 6.3 of the linode agreement says you should get a pro-rata refund for any downtime past 99.9% - and I would even go on to say how loyal of a customer you are, because you could easily go to their competitor DigitalOcean if such issues persist.