Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Note to myself - upgraded to PHP 7.4.8 (and new kernel)
PHP is upgraded to 7.4.9.
About to upgrade the forum software.
Just upgraded MyBB to the latest version. Still making tweaks and checking templates (it will take at least an hour), but the forum should be usable now.

If anybody is interested, this is the list of fixed bugs:
https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues?q=is...e%3A1.8.23

You might have noticed this one: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/4100 (related to the increased amount of SPAM)

Finally, I managed to set the Minimum Search Word Length to 3 (it was constantly auto-resetting to 4). So now you can search for TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms), like HFO 😊
I'm done with the upgrade! Took me 3 hours in total this time.

After comparing the templates with their current versions and tweaking them some thing began to work as expected (finally). Please let me know if you notice that something is (still?) broken.
The forum software has been urgently upgraded to the fresh latest version 1.8.24 (security patches).
Google SEO plugin has been upgraded (the last update was 2 years ago!).
So far, it’s looking good.
Wished my program worked.
It’s a lot different that you web folks, but us us Binary guys, it’s brutal.
I've noticed recently that when I click "last post" on a thread im not always presented with the last unread post... sometimes im back at post #1 even thought I have posted myself a few times in the thread??

Not a major issue but its something I stared noticing occurring a few weeks back, and not on all posts at that
(08 Sep 2020, 07:55 )ltxrob Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed recently that when I click "last post" on a thread im not always presented with the last unread post...
Do you see it on a desktop or a phone? It was a known bug, but it's supposed to be fixed several releases ago. I made a quick check in Firefox (desktop) - looks OK.

On a mobile client it takes several reloads to fully update the cache and cookies, after what it begins to work as expected. So far I did not manage to figure out what needs to be tweaked to fix that 😟
(08 Sep 2020, 10:57 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
(08 Sep 2020, 07:55 )ltxrob Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed recently that when I click "last post" on a thread im not always presented with the last unread post...
Do you see it on a desktop or a phone? It was a known bug, but it's supposed to be fixed several releases ago. I made a quick check in Firefox (desktop) - looks OK.

On a mobile client it takes several reloads to fully update the cache and cookies, after what it begins to work as expected. So far I did not manage to figure out what needs to be tweaked to fix that 😟

Ahh ok, on PC.. same browser ive always used for the site.. Opera