Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great! If you prefer the "not-classic" style, I can try to tweak the templates. Personally, I find the classic style more visually appealing.
It doesn't bother me either way, I don't even remember changing the layout!
Just in case, I changed the view to "Classic" for all users.
(17 Apr 2015, 13:25 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]To be solved/fixed:

o- AutoMedia still does not work - YouTube links are not automatically recognized.
o- No additional smilies can be chosen
o- No images in the "post icon" section of the Editor (probably not needed....)
o- Empty Forum and Date fields in the "Latest threads" (works fine in Portal)

New issues:

o- If you click the "Edit" button, the pop-up menu (Quick Edit/Full Edit) appears too low and sometimes beneath the screen, so it feels like no reaction on clicking the button.
o- Old HTTP links to YouTube do not work anymore. HTTPS works fine.
o- Images cannot be quoted
o- Add mobile version of the blog and the forum
o- Install the Game section
o- Replace the black design elements with other colours
Ye olde, blue click-able, buttons. Thanks Ra, I missed them!
Beginning today Google decreases ranking for non-mobile friendly websites. I activated WPTouch for the blog. Now it's MyBB's turn. Let's try GoMobile.
I do not like the mobile versions, but Google mobile tester is happy and you can always choose for the Desktop version.

One strange thing, though. I can't login using Mobile Firtefox (both mobile and desktop site versions), there is something wrong with how it uses cookies. Chrome is OK.

Need to invest more time into the "responsive" side of the site...
What happen?
The whole format change. And where is the eBay listings that use to be on the right?
And where is the latest thread listing.

I turn my back on you for one second and this happens. Maybe you need to be tied down.
(22 Apr 2015, 00:44 )Tinker D Wrote: [ -> ]The whole format change.
Are you using a mobile device? Then click on "Desktop site" or "Switch to Full Version" at the bottom.

If not, "Shift-Reload" or "Shift-F5" might help. At least it looks the same to me.

(22 Apr 2015, 00:44 )Tinker D Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you need to be tied down.
Not a bad idea 😉
On the forum, there's a feature that's been missing recently that I had found useful. When looking at the New Posts list, there used to be a button on each thread that said something like "3 new posts", and clicking on that would take you directly to wherever you had left off. With the way it is set up now, I can never remember what the last one I read was - I have to start from the end and work backwards (not ideal), and still possibly miss some that might be on a previous page.