Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rofl
Extended domain likera.com for 9 more years I_am_so_happy

πŸ’ΈπŸ’°πŸ’Έ
Each mysql version brings more errors

Code:
[ERROR] [MY-012128] [InnoDB] posix_fallocate(): Failed to preallocate data for file ./#innodb_temp/temp_1.ibt, desired size 81920 Operating system error number 22. Check that the disk is not full or a disk quota exceeded. Make sure the file system supports this function. Refer to your operating system documentation for operating system error code information.

The fix was removing this from /etc/mysql/my.cnf:

Code:
innodb_flush_method = O_DIRECT_NO_FSYNC
Found another strange bug. From time to time, if you are visiting the site on a mobile device when you click some links (e.g. statistics, sub-forums, but not the threads!) you will be redirected to the main page of the forum. It can be fixed by resetting the internal some of the MyBB caches. By default it's done once per day, I increased it to twice per day. Let's see if it helps.
Is there a set time each day, like 5:00am, that the system checks itself?
Or is it random?
There is quite a few of the tasks that run a various (but predefined) days and/or times of day. I reconfigured the daily cleanup to run twice a day: at 00:00 and 12:00GMT.

[attachment=44469]
Ok, question?
When one routine checking itself, can that routine cause another routine to skip a Bit causing a cancellation of the second routine?

In other words, can one program interfere with another ?
(01 Nov 2020, 02:12 )Tinker D Wrote: [ -> ]In other words, can one program interfere with another ?
I think it's possible, but the default original mybb tasks call different functions, even if it happens at the same time, and the database should be able to handle the requests correctly. But anything might go wrong, since every program has bugs (at least for certain circumstances).
(07 Jun 2020, 23:41 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Added webm and webp!
Now webp is properly added - you can upload webp images and they will be properly thumbnailed.

However, it's done at the expense of changing the core files, so I have to retweak them every time I upgrade the forum software 😟 Otherwise I need to make a pull request in the github repository.

I need more "free" time 😊
The site was inaccessible for some time - the reason is a local outage around the provider data centre.