Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(24 Nov 2017, 23:13 )madjack Wrote: [ -> ]Its almost like the pop-up window is being 'sent to back' and disappears behind the other forum images?
Yes 😟 I'm going to upgrade the jQuery library, let's see if it helps... Then revert the templates and make all the changes again 😟 If nothing helps, will log a bug for MyBB...
Yes, I mentioned this bug in two other threads. Working on it. No idea what happened yet...
Just added an announcement for not logged in users.
jQuery 3.2.1 (was 2.1.4) did not help (and also broke Edit -> Quick edit). Next step - templates. That's more work...
Temporarily fixed 😉
I made some dirty CSS tricks to work around the problem. Looks like it's related to the jQuery plugins that were updated in MyBB 1.8.13. Needs more detailed investigation...
(25 Nov 2017, 16:05 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]I made some dirty CSS tricks to work around the problem. Looks like it's related to the jQuery plugins that were updated in MyBB 1.8.13. Needs more detailed investigation...

Ohhh I like it when you get dirty!

Seem to have lost all the goodies like adding Smilies, bold, italics, links, etc. 😟

MJ
OK, this is fixed as well. Just for the change tracking purposes:

o- To fix the pop-up window I added the following to global.css .modal definition:

top: 300px !important;
left: 300px !important;
position: absolute;

o- To fix other errors:
1- reuploaded the whole jscript directory from the MyBB 1.8.13 release (not from the changed files - I noticed some discrepancies).
2- Stopped Apache, removed ModPagespeed cache, started Apache

o- Changed jQuery from the standard 1.12.4 to 3.2.1

Please let me know if you notice anything broken. I'm still trying to figure out what caused the pop-up window problem, because not everything is working as it should (e.g. the whole window should be dimmed and the position of the pop-up should be calculated base on the actual view port.)
Arrgh... Quick Editing is not working with ModPagespeed and any jQuery library higher, than 2.1.4. It works either with any version, but without Pagespeed, or with Pagespeed but the version must 2.1.4 or lower. Grrrr.....

Reverted to 2.1.4 😟
Something is seriously wrong with jQuery plugins. For example, the smiley pop-up does is partially hidden, wrongly sized, not moveable, not resizeable, and the background is not dimmed. Still usable because of the "dirty workaround", but extremely ugly. I'm not familiar with jQuery, so can't do much here, but will look at it from time to time over the next days. Also, will experiment with the Pagespeed module, since it does have effect on AJAX stuff.