Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(24 Nov 2016, 05:38 )Tinker D Wrote: [ -> ]When you say " Pruned ", do you mean that if a user does not view the site or logs in, in 5 days, that user is droped and has to relog in or re-register?
No, the newly registered users must confirm their registration within 5 days by clicking on the link sent to their mail.
Then what cause the loss of the 1,000+ users shown in your chart?
Not 1000+, but 220. Most likely something was preventing properly running the pruning script in the past, but I'm not sure. Some visitors register using fake addresses, some do not receive the activation mail because of overly suspicious anti-spam filters. I both cases such registrations should expire in 5 days, but sometimes it does not work. Unless I miss something.
Well, I can see a small drop once in a while, but your chart looked like our stock market taking a S**t.
Not an actual problem, but there is quite alot of empitiness on 4K monitors

[attachment=20988]
I never use full screen modes, so never seen that 😉 What do you suggest? Just center everything or let the forum use the whole screen width?
Strange, I managed to increase the forum width, but not by far. No idea why it's not working...
If width can't be adjusted then perhaps centering is preferred. Or if you move the "ebay" column next to the "latest thread" column, perhaps it would seem less empty?
I will try to increase the width first. Yesterday I played with the Firefox Style Editor, but I could not find the limiting parameter. Need to invest more time and go deeper. And deeper ... and deeper into the black hole... then expand ... Sorry, got distracted...
".wrapper" includes max-width: 1500px;

Removing the 'max-width'-attribute does the trick in Google Chrome