Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(23 Oct 2013, 20:03 )culmor Wrote: [ -> ]what I can say is that in my experience the new uploading pictures interface is an effing nightmare.
Aha, just had a similar problem - had to restart Apache to make it work again. And not with the "restart" command (it did not help), but with "stop" and "start" ones separately. Let's see if both forms can be used simultaneously...
Yeah I work in production support for an F50 firm. I got my degree in network administration but I've been mostly been working in server support. I've installed and configured applications like apache, mysql, phpmyadmin, and I've been using *nix since about 2006, mostly doing bash scripting. I did take OOP classes but I never really put forth the effort to call myself a dev. Right now I support three, three-tier architecture apps that break every bleeping day.
He-he, so yo know what it looks like and feels 😁 Just add app developing to the list 😉
I like app dev'ing so long as I know what it is I'm doing. One of the most frustrating parts of my current job is that I have no knowledge of the application logic. There are jobs scheduled to run at specific times each day, which populate certain database tables. Each job has a really cryptic name so I don't really know what the jobs do, and I'm not sure which tables get populated. So people ask me "well why did X result happen under the Y condition ?" and I can't really answer that. Source code is all C# I believe but right now we have so many issues w/ the app that I need fixing I don't really have the time, or the desire, to go through and examine the source. We do have a dev team that understands the application logic but they are very difficult to engage or get some type of training.
Hi

uploading pics was annoying.

I have had to select every pic twice before the upload button worked 😟

krinlyc
Hm... weird... I tried to keep both interfaces, but it did not work. Need to look at it again. The new interface failed only once for me.
Upgraded mod_pagespeed to the latest beta (there is a memory leak bug in both stable and previous beta, which is fixed in this release) and upgraded the kernel. Let's see if the memory will be disappearing with less speed now 😉
woo hoo mod_pagespeed yeeeahhh!!
Replaced the latest beta with the latest (released 2h ago) stable mod_pagespeed. Some bugs should be fixed here (I hope including some of the mentioned here). I'm going to experiment with a couple of filters.

Please let me know if something is (still?) broken.
o- upgraded the forum software
o- deleted unused plugins
o- deleted unused database tables
o- removed expired transients from the WordPress options table (the table is down from 26MB to 1MB!!!)
o- disable the Multiple Upload plugin for the time being