Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(27 Dec 2022, 12:19 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]I changed the default return email address from "no-reply" to "likera", and looks like Gmail began to accept mails from likera.com. I do not see requests to manually activate accounts anymore (I had to manually activate close to 200 accounts this year!). Progress?
It began again... 2-3 "no activation mail" complaints per day... I don't understand how Google works...
1. 6 "no activation mail" complaints today - getting worse. Should I change the sender email address every week?
2. Updated MySQL and Apache (looks like everything is still working OK)
As you might have heard, we are running short of SSD space. Options:

o- Upgrade to the next hosting plan (the easiest, too expensive for me)
o- Just add NVMe storage (80GB + backup = 140 euros a year)
o- Move to another provider (bigger plans, HDD instead of SSD, no backup, same amount of money)
o- Use S3 storage plans (250GB = 36 euros per year, no backup, no default interface)

Any experience with S3? As I have none. MyBB supports (general) CDN, and the developers claim, that it should be possible to use S3.
(12 Jan 2023, 19:48 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder what all those hundreds of unique connections from Microsoft/Azure are about. They "look" like normal user connections with "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.1 Safari/605.1.15" agent, yet they are clearly bots. And they are not Bing-bots.

590 simultaneous "users", pffff....
Apparently, those Azure connections were from ChatGPT, so the site is "sucked" into the AI chat bot!
New PHP, new kernel. Ali changed/broke something again, so, no ads.
Musk broke Twitter API. What means - the embedding and video downloading stopped working. What can I say...
(07 Apr 2023, 21:33 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Musk broke Twitter API.
Described here: https://www.theverge.com/2023/4/6/236730...pse-begins

Quote:Twitter appears to finally be replacing its free API tier with a “paid basic tier,” and the changes could have an enormous effect on the Twitter ecosystem as we know it. (The change was going to happen on February 9th but was delayed and then delayed again.) Popular Twitter bots like the Thread Reader App have relied on that free tier, but they may now be forced to pay potentially exorbitant prices or cease operations entirely.

The API changes are aeady having effects off Twitter, too. Some gaming companies warned that the changes could impact account logins, and on April 6th, Substack said that Twitter “unexpectedly restricted” the ability to embed tweets in newsletters.

The fabric of Twitter aeady changed dramatically after the company banned third-party clients in January, and with the API shifts, the platform may become even less like the social network we used to know.
New kernel, new WordPress, new MySQL.
New kernel, new WordPress.

Now I need to find a full day to upgrade MyBB. The upgrade itself is not that difficult, but hacking back in webm support really is very time-consuming.
New PHP, new MySQL.