Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the record (to keep all the events in one place):

- server snapshot has been created
- daily backups are enabled
- two weekly backups are saved
Apparently something happened with the cache again - the attachment were not showing up. Should be fixed now.

Also, I'm planning a system upgrade next week. Possibly in the night from Mon to Tue.
Let's plan the upgrade for Monday, May 24 @22:00 GMT. Follow on twitter: https://twitter.com/like_ra
(23 May 2021, 13:47 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently something happened with the cache again - the attachment were not showing up.
BTW, why didn't you tell me, that something was wrong?
Speaking just for myself, it seemed like it was a temporary thing. In my job it's common to have some downtime once or twice in the week so it felt normal, specially at the end of the month....
I don't want to sound rude or demanding either đŸ˜…
Like Ra wrote

Quote:BTW, why didn't you tell me, that something was wrong?
I intended to but I couldn't post to a topic or send a pm. I did email MadJack via another site but everything was fixed before he replied.
(24 May 2021, 15:39 )Culmor Wrote: [ -> ]I intended to but I couldn't post to a topic or send a pm.
Oh! It was THAT bad!!! I had NO idea what's going on, really, until @afhlmx posted, that attachments cannot be shown. So, I thought, that only attachments were affected.
About to start the upgrade. Making backups...
Looks like I'm done. We are on Ubuntu 21.04 now. Upgrade PHP to 8.0 (not planned, but since we are in the change mode...) failed - too many errors. I think MyBB and plugins are still too far from 8.0 support.

As always, please let me know if you notice anything not working as it should.

Last but no least - thanks much for your donations! They made backups and snapshots possible, what greatly reduced the risks of any changes! Now we can simply restore the last snapshot I made right before the upgrade! Thanks again!
I've finally tweaked the "fancybox" plugin (the one that shows the gallery) - the thumbnails load 3 times faster now, almost do not use CPU (no PHP processing) and are fully cached. Also added "load-lazyness". I should've done that years ago, but as always had no time to dig into the coding and how the plugin works đŸ˜„

Next think to tweak is to replace the most used smilies with emojis. That should bring the page size, the amount of elements and the server load further down, and the speed up.