Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09 Jun 2021, 14:50 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason after some time PHP stops replying to Apache...

it started yesterday.
it was not even possible to mail you about it.
at the moment it seems to work properly.
thanks for all the effort you put in this.
Since the site is still up, I think it's Apache 2.4.48 (new automatically installed version) vs 2.4.46 (I reverted to). I do not see any related bugs, though. I disabled/enabled some recent plugins, but the issue persisted. Also no configuration changes were made.

2.4.48 is the first build made for Ubuntu 21.04, all prepvious ones were built for 20.10. I wonder if this is alsoa contributing factor.

Next question is how to prevent Apache from upgrading to 2.4.48 again or to fix "something else" if the new version is how it is supposed to work.
Yeah.. Upgrading is inevitable - the escalator is always going down. If you stay in place you might never be able to get to the same level again.
Since we are at it.... I'm going through the whole Apache and PHP configuration. Disabled a bunch of unused Apache modules and enabled Brotli compression and Memcached caching. In theory it should decrease the used memory size, and increase the speed a bit, especially under heavy load (but not noticeably).
This is a bit odd and has vexed me for a while....

If I type something and then cut and paste the line elsewhere then the font size (and I think the font itself) changes - which is a bit annoying (I did just that with the cut/paste 'the line elsewhere then the font size (and I think the font itself) changes' words

I've tried re-sizing the font (in this example to '4' ) but it still looks, to my eyes, a bit odd: 
i.e. cut and paste the line elsewhere then the font size (and I think the font itself) changes 

if I cut/paste and then keep typing the font and size are retained from that point onwards i.e.:
cut and paste the line elsewhere then the font size (and I think the font itself) changes, and then keep on typing....

Any suggestions?

MJ
(09 Jul 2021, 17:38 )madjack Wrote: [ -> ]Any suggestions?
Just use the Text Mode or use the Quick Reply at the bottom of the thread view.

[attachment=49310]
Lets try this 'Text mode' thingy then.... last time the cut/paste went odd....

test #1 - last time the cut/paste went odd.

Oh - that worked!

So simple....  Blush

Thanks @Like Ra (BTW- had to come out of 'Text mode' to get the @ functionality working)

MJ
I tried cloud storage BackBlaze today (mentioned here: https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Thread...5#pid53715) While it kinda works, and the first 10GB of storage are free, only the first 1GB of daily downloads is free... Pffff..... And we aeady reached that 1GB. So... The free version is useless ....
A new forum upgrade is coming, and it's a pretty big one:
https://blog.mybb.com/2021/06/22/mybb-1-...e-release/
https://blog.mybb.com/2021/05/17/looking-to-the-future

Downtime is clearly expected here. Will let you know about the date/time.

Will start with updating plugins first.

Again, thanks for all your donations, that made snapshots possible!
(09 Jun 2021, 18:32 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Since the site is still up, I think it's Apache 2.4.48 (new automatically installed version) vs 2.4.46 (I reverted to). I do not see any related bugs, though. I disabled/enabled some recent plugins, but the issue persisted. Also no configuration changes were made.

2.4.48 is the first build made for Ubuntu 21.04, all prepvious ones were built for 20.10. I wonder if this is alsoa contributing factor.

Next question is how to prevent Apache from upgrading to 2.4.48 again or to fix "something else" if the new version is how it is supposed to work.

Another attempt to upgrade to Apache 2.4.48, but now with PHP 7.4.21, and new kernel. Let's see if it holds together.