Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just increased the size for jpg and gif to 8MB.
(27 May 2014, 13:46 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Just increased the size for jpg and gif to 8MB.

oh dear - now getting rejections because maximum file size is 8kB

suspect a typo Mr Ra! 😁

MJ
Auuuu.... Rather a syntax error. It does not understand 8M, the size must be in kilobytes only. Fixed (I hope 😁 )
(28 May 2014, 13:22 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Auuuu.... Rather a syntax error. It does not understand 8M, the size must be in kilobytes only. Fixed (I hope 😁 )

Just successfully posted a photo that I couldn't before - fixed 😁

thanks again

MJ
New problem 😟

Trying to add a post with images (23 images, none over 1Mb, but ~20Mb in total - a mixture of Jpeg and PNG)

The image upload appears to work (counts up to 100%) but then getting the 'undefined' message.

Saved post in draft, but then seem to be able to see 100's if not 1000's of images from all forum posts available to add to my post... but not the ones I want to upload!

Help!

MJ
Mmm... "Undefined" means the images were not uploaded for some reason.... Either too big, or wrong type, or something else. Checking for errors...
This what I found (several similar log entries):

[Wed Jun 04 16:52:04.932949 2014] FastCGI: server "/var/www/cgi-bin/php5-cgi" stderr: PHP message: PHP Warning: POST Content-Length of 10740262 bytes exceeds the limit of 8388608 bytes in Unknown

Some images were bigger than 8388608 bytes?

The IP address is yours 😉
(04 Jun 2014, 18:21 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]This what I found (several similar log entries):

[Wed Jun 04 16:52:04.932949 2014] FastCGI: server "/var/www/cgi-bin/php5-cgi" stderr: PHP message: PHP Warning: POST Content-Length of 10740262 bytes exceeds the limit of 8388608 bytes in Unknown

Some images were bigger than 8388608 bytes?

The IP address is yours 😉

Ahh... I spot the problem, it's not an individual image but the entire upload which matches the 10740262 bytes limit. That I can deal with.

thanks Ra - I'll have another go 😁

MJ
Ah, that multiple loader uploads everything in one go. I did not know that. So you can do two-three uploads to get more that 8MB pictures in one post.
I finally found all places, variables, files I have to change in order to increase the size of GIF files to 10MB.

Let me know, if 10MB is not enough for you naughty videos 😁