Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(31 May 2021, 12:39 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]I've finally tweaked the "fancybox" plugin (the one that shows the gallery) - the thumbnails load 3 times faster now, almost do not use CPU (no PHP processing) and are fully cached.

Some preliminary results:

[attachment=48839]

The CPU load dropped quite obviously.

So did the page load time and page size:

[attachment=48840][attachment=48841]
I'm currently experimenting with the Apache security module (application firewall) - another thing I should've added years ago. Theoretically it should protect from standard/simple hacking techniques and various service abuse. Please let me know if something stops working.
(31 May 2021, 18:56 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]another thing I should've added years ago. Theoretically it should protect from standard/simple hacking techniques and various service abuse.
Checked the logs... I definitely should have done it before 😂
(31 May 2021, 18:56 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]I'm currently experimenting with the Apache security module (application firewall) - another thing I should've added years ago. Theoretically it should protect from standard/simple hacking techniques and various service abuse. Please let me know if something stops working.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Guys, let me know if any of your actions get denied. I've just disabled two security filters, which blocked post quoting. Yeah, everything "better" comes with a price tag...
(31 May 2021, 18:56 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]I'm currently experimenting with the Apache security module (application firewall)
Fighting false positives is ... f...fun ... CRS is not quite compatible with WordPress.
Cumulative effect of the tweaked plugin and the application firewall:

[attachment=48916]

Very satisfying I must say 😎
If someone got "Forbidden - you are not allowed to access this resource" while uploading a file to the forum - this should be fixed now. It was a false positive for the "MULTIPART_UNMATCHED_BOUNDARY - Multipart parser detected a possible unmatched boundary" security rule.
The forum is barely responding today - no ideas why yet. Checking everywhere.
For some reason after some time PHP stops replying to Apache...