Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The operating system has been upgraded to 17.04. As always, please keep an eye on the bugs 😉
Something happened with Apache. It was not responding, and it could not restart. Had to reboot the server to get it running again. The logs do not show anything interesting. Weird...
And it happened again. A bit tweaked the PHP config, which was a bit strange, looks OK now. Possibly it was caused by the automatic PHP upgrade, that overwrote the config files, but I'm not sure.
And in parallel the server was loaded much higher because of the ripper software (someone from DE) either went crazy or was not configured properly and was sending stupid repeating requests. Or was it a DOS attempt? 😁
Think it may have something to do with the Cyber Attack?
Your system may not be a target or targeted, but maybe a vendor and you caught a bit or two of the infected subroutine.
"Collateral damage"? 😊 No, I don't think so. The exploits use port 445 (SMB, Windows file sharing protocol), not HTTP(S).
Ok, then you should be ok...
Still, I wonder.....
I've upgraded the forum software (it was 4 versions behind) and some plugins. So far I noticed one broken feature: no "thanks" list under posts (thanks are still counted, though). Trying to understand why it does not work.

The list of upgraded plugins:
o- Thank you system
o- AutoMedia
o- Go to Full reply

Please let me know if something else is broken.
(27 May 2017, 17:42 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]no "thanks" list under posts
That was an easy fix - I had to uninstall and install the plugin again, reactivating was not enough.
Interesting, the amount of users suddenly dropped by 100 again. The upgrade brought the purging process up?