Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(16 Nov 2022, 22:32 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]This is the current CPU:

model name : AMD EPYC 7501 32-Core Processor
cpu MHz : 1999.999
cache size : 512 KB

We are migrated to:

model name : AMD EPYC 7713 64-Core Processor
cpu MHz : 1999.999
cache size : 512 KB

A CPU of a newer generation with a better performance. Most likely we will not notice anything, but still a nice free upgrade 😊

Edit: the CPU load is lower (might not be related, though, yet the network load is even higher):

[attachment=57131]
Oh, TTFB (Time To First Byte) decreased by 30%!
Ok, what did you do ???

I just tried to click on a picture and a list of pictures showed up on the right and a small picture was displayed center left on the screen.

And you can’t advance to the next picture.
(10 Dec 2022, 01:43 )Tinker D Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, what did you do ???
Opps! Clicked on the wrong checkbox. Fixed!
Will take some time until the cache updates.

See here: https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/showth...p?tid=1139
Trying <!DOCTYPE html> instead of the default MyBB settings.
(10 Dec 2022, 23:19 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Trying <!DOCTYPE html> instead of the default MyBB settings.

Didn't solve the iPhone index rendering issue. Made Google happier, though.
I changed the default return email address from "no-reply" to "likera", and looks like Gmail began to accept mails from likera.com. I do not see requests to manually activate accounts anymore (I had to manually activate close to 200 accounts this year!). Progress?
New kernel, new PHP, some new other packages, and a reboot as a consequence.

I wonder what all those hundreds of unique connections from Microsoft/Azure are about. They "look" like normal user connections with "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.1 Safari/605.1.15" agent, yet they are clearly bots. And they are not Bing-bots.

590 simultaneous "users", pffff....
(27 Dec 2022, 12:19 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]changed the default return email address from "no-reply" to "likera", and looks like Gmail began to accept mails from likera.com. I do not see requests to manually activate accounts anymore (I had to manually activate close to 200 accounts this year!). Progress?
No "please activate my account" mails for three weeks!!!! And I used to get up to 1-2-3 such requests daily!!! Clearly a progress!!!
(12 Jan 2023, 19:48 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]590 simultaneous "users", pffff....

"The most users online at one time was 635 on Yesterday at 21:56"

Yeah, right... Microsoft is ripping sites to train AI?