Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All HTTP (unencrypted) queries to the site are now automatically redirected to HTTPS. That might lead to glitches, like no videos shown if the link is made to the HTTP version of youtube, etc.

Please let me know if anything is broken.
(17 May 2016, 16:19 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't properly investigated that, but apparently DeviantArt change the RSS URL structure, so the DA RSS streams are broken now. No time to look into this till the weekend...
(20 May 2016, 23:04 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Cleaned up the list of RSS, updated all DeviantArt links - still does not work [Image: sad.gif]

Yessss!!!! Fixed!!!! It was a simple check box, that should be checked: "Check if you are having simplepie conflict problems." That's it!!!! So, the DeviantArt feed ( https://www.likera.com/blog/wp/archives/16624/ ) is back and it's more relevant, because of the thorough cleaning.

And check this feed https://www.likera.com/blog/wp/archives/16627 it's also much more interesting now 😋
Just returned back from a short vacation and noticed two things:

1- Linode (the hosting provider) doubled the amount of memory (from 4GB to 8GB) for free! So, for now I do not see the memory as a limiting factor, unless we want to do something weird.

2- The site looks abominable on my old smartphone (and, actually, on all mobile devices). Oooohhhh, that old headache.... All styles and the whole blog theme must be redesigned and rewritten....
Now you can embed an uploaded video (up to 32MB) - surround the URL with [mp4] or [wbem] tags.
Hi Ra

Getting an odd behaviour from the site when looking at the selfbondage videos thread - the pages take ages to load and then look 'odd'

[attachment=19371] -if you look at the bottom it appears that multiple pages/frames are layered one on the other

...and when I post on the same thread the formatting keeps playing up (not allowing to insert text below anything aeady entered)

nothing serious or terminal, but most odd.

MJ
Strange.. I do not see that. Checking on another computer/browser... Just in case, do "Shift-Reload".
I added WPtouch (mobile veersion of the Blog) plugin back. It turned out that for some reason my smart-phone is not supported by this plugin, no idea why. On another smartphone the text and images become gradually blurry if you scroll down. It would be nice if you can test and tell me what the blog looks like on your devices.

Also, I enabled AMP (accelerated mobile pages) feature, what theoretically should improve page loading and crawling by Google, but currently the AMPed pages are not automatically loaded. You can test them by adding /amp to the blog post URLs. For example, https://www.likera.com/blog/wp/archives/16627/amp
For the past few days every time I'm sent an alert I've receive it twice.
(05 Jul 2016, 22:58 )culmor Wrote: [ -> ]For the past few days every time I'm sent an alert I've receive it twice.
Is it the same alert, or two different alerts but for the same (or adjacent) posts? Let's check. I thanked your prev post.
Ah, I see what's happening. I get one alert for being quoted and a second for you replying.

[attachment=19494]