Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like something was wrong with the forum, thanks @Sierra13 From the logs:
Code:
2020-11-14T19:33:16.774425Z 952540 [ERROR] [MY-013132] [Server] The table 'mybb_sessions' is full!

How can it be full????

EDIT: Ooops:

100,580 MEMORY utf8mb4_unicode_ci 128.5 MiB
Someone from DE was/is ripping the site at the speed of 3 req/sec - not a load for the server at all, but I wonder why the session table was not being cleared - it was full with sessions from that IP address (blocked now).
Checked - it is being cleaned-up, but not at the speed of new requests. I wonder why new session is created for every new request. The table overflow can be prevented by changing the table type from memory to InnoDB at the cost of some speed and disk access, but I think that the logic is wrong somewhere.

EDIT: no, it's not cleaned up... And I don't see a corresponding task. Mmmm.... Checking further ....
(14 Nov 2020, 21:05 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Checked - it is being cleaned-up, but not at the speed of new requests. I wonder why new session is created for every new request. The table overflow can be prevented by changing the table type from memory to InnoDB at the cost of some speed and disk access, but I think that the logic is wrong somewhere.

EDIT: no, it's not cleaned up... And I don't see a corresponding task. Mmmm.... Checking further  ....

It must have been a bit strange.
I got an error message on my Mac laptop, but not on my iPads (I have a very old one and a newer one). This was rather consistent.

Anyway: thanks for all the work you put in.
(14 Nov 2020, 21:05 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: no, it's not cleaned up... And I don't see a corresponding task. Mmmm.... Checking further ....
Cleaned up now. I found this in dailycleanup.php:

Code:
// Clear out sessions older than 24h
        $db->delete_query("sessions", "time < '".(int)$time['sessionstime']."'");

But the sessions in question were removed after ~1h. Magic...
(14 Nov 2020, 21:21 )Zooy Wrote: [ -> ]I got an error message on my Mac laptop, but not on my iPads (I have a very old one and a newer one).
Possibly your iPad had a valid not-expired session. But new sessions (even anonymous) could not be established.

And I was only away for ~5 hours ... 😁
It began 09:39am (GMT) - I did not notice it either, because my session was still active.

So, @Sierra13 - huge thanks again for letting me know by mail!!! (@ other guys - hint-hint ... ping me if you notice anything weird)
(10 Nov 2020, 02:42 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Now webp is properly added - you can upload webp images and they will be properly thumbnailed.

Unfortunately, animated WEBP images are not supported 😟 If you upload such file you will get a white page, you can go back and upload again, then you will get an error that the image is aeady uploaded, but there will no thumbnail. Not sure where the problem is - does PHP imagemagic library support animated WEBP?

More work! 😁
(17 Nov 2020, 16:11 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
(17 Nov 2020, 16:05 )madjack Wrote: [ -> ]testing animated webp uploads
HOW DID YOU DO THIS????

Ah.... no thumbnail ... Did you get an error?

Err... I just posted it, like any normal .jpeg/gif file.  😁 (like many old-skool IT guys I simply keep trying the same thing until it works!!!!)

It failed first time (no error, just a blank screen below the address bar), but think that was due to the second file I was trying to load at same time, which was one of those 'not really a .gif file' file types (that file type is very odd - I can't get any animation  in my 'Photo' software, but can if opening in a browser)

MJ
(17 Nov 2020, 19:44 )madjack Wrote: [ -> ]It failed first time (no error, just a blank screen below the address bar),
Yes, exactly what I meant! PHP is complaining about animated WEBP. Investigating...