Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Too early... The blog produces the White Screen of Death. Possibly something is not compatible with PHPv7. More work...
Yarrrgghhhh.... still WSOD... Another my WordPress-based site works fine on PHPv7. But here - nothing in the logs, nothing on the screen. Also no errors...
THe Blog is back - it was the RSS streams plugin, which is disabled now. So, no pervy streams for the time being 😟 Next step is to troubleshoot the plugin, what means blog outages, but at least the forum is independent of this issue, but there may be more...
FIXED! 😁 Back to tweaking....
Updated several plugins and installed a new one that automatically inserts the page title for an URL. I made lots of changes today, so please let me know if you notice that something is broken.
Bug: No text is shown in the chat.
The "Random Gallery Images" Blog widget is the most database intensive part of the WordPress setup. I made a couple of attempts to rewrite it, but never had enough time (ha! always!). It turned out that 60sec caching (thanks to the caching plugin) is the simplest yet very effective solution. The database load dropped significantly, and the page HTML download time decreased by about 25%. I like this stuff 😁
(11 Dec 2015, 02:43 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]installed a new one that automatically inserts the page title for an URL
... and disabled it. Good idea, buggy implementation. I tweaked it a bit, but it needs more work.

About PHP7 vs HHVM. I can't say, that PHP7 is faster than HHVM (both are as twice as fast as PHP5, though). I've see a recent benchmark, that shows that HHVM is bit faster. My experience shows, that HHVM works more correctly with old PHP code, but very unstable and crashes way too often (especially the latest 3.11), while PHP7 is very stable, but breaks programs. The world is not perfect... The good thing is now I can relatively easily switch between PHP interpreters, should one of them stop working.
Just found one Apache process taking 100% CPU for several hours  Shok  Restarted. Dunno what happened.

[attachment=17216]
The Chat works now. The reason for not showing the text was a feature that is deprecated in PHP v7.