Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(16 May 2022, 14:16 )boundsolo Wrote: [ -> ]Just a note, as of the last update the side ads no longer work on Firefox V 100.0
Aliexpress is not responding since Saturday. No idea about the reasons. Just timeouts. I don't think it's related to the changes I made - could be a coincidence.
Added the caching header to the attachment.php:

header("Cache-control: max-age=31536000, public");

Now, if you have aeady viewed the attachment (not the thumbnail, but the actual attachment), it will be taken from the cache.

However, the big media files can not be played fully ("partially loaded"). There should be another HTML header for that. Reading the documentation....
no aliexpress ads with chrome 101.0.4951.67 as well.
(17 May 2022, 04:26 )MstrChain Wrote: [ -> ]no aliexpress ads
Yep, HTTP(S) connections are blocked from the site. Ping is OK. I'm looking for something support-like on Ali, if it exists at all.
Fixed by using the correct communication endpoint! Apparently, the old one has been blocked.
Going to experiment with the viewport settings - you might see a broken design on some devices.
Going to leave it at width=930px. Please reload, and let me know if anything is broken.
Removed the fixed width of the forum view columns. There should be less unused/empty spaces now, what, in my opinion, improves readability on mobile devices.
I'm about to upgrade the forum software (finally). Wish us luck and follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/like_ra
The main software has been upgraded (4 versions one by one). The following is not working so far:

- "mention me" feature (probably a template issue)
- webm/webp support (some core files need to be manually tweaked)

Let me know if anything else is broken.