Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I agree, but the problem is the mobile devices. For some reason they show the top left corner by default. If I move the content to the right leaving more space on the left it will not look good. Also, it depends on the window width.

Is it the Blog what you mean? In this case the "more to the left" top part balances the asymmetrical right part.

If it's the forum, then the right part needs some work.
Forum looks fine, it's the home page. But like you said, prolly for the mobile users. Stat using angular and shizzle like that :p
(not that I can, it's a fancy word I heard somewhere between codemonkey's
Looks Ok to me - different, but not dramatically or badly ๐Ÿ˜

I will try via my mobile as well - not that I generally use it for this site

MJ
The main idea was to get rid of the left menu and move the rest to the left. The next iteration will be to replace the "rigid" design with more flexible OR create a completely different theme for mobile devices. But this is for "later".

My nearest goal is to rewrite the internal design of the blog theme to catch up with the latest development of WordPress.

And I'm still afraid to move to the next major release of the forum software - no all plugins are available yet.
So it was YOU.
I thought something was very wrong when the far left menu boxes disappeared.
So, without hitting the back key "x" times, how do you get back to the Fourm?
(09 Dec 2014, 04:36 )Tinker D Wrote: [ -> ]without hitting the back key "x" times, how do you get back to the Fourm?

You can either click on the left-most link (Like Ra's Naughty Forum) in the thread path:

Like Ra's Naughty Forum / Technical section / Site / Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings

Or you can click on the "Forum" in the topmost horizontal menu ( Blog Forum Chat ...)

Or you can choose Forum in the drop-down horizontal menu (it's under "Home")
Got it.
Or I can add a (floating?) link somewhere, just let me know what you think would be the most convenient place.
How about locating an extra [ back to Fourm ] button at the bottom of the current page. That way, we don't have to scroll back to the top of the page.

Something else I saw that was weird.
When I got back to the Fourm, and clicked back here, it sent me to page one like always, but when I clicked to the last page, it sent me to the next page (2).
(10 Dec 2014, 02:16 )Tinker D Wrote: [ -> ]How about locating an extra [ back to Fourm ] button at the bottom of the current page. That way, we don't have to scroll back to the top of the page.
I'll have a look in the templates. Not sure yet what is the best place/style.

(10 Dec 2014, 02:16 )Tinker D Wrote: [ -> ]When I got back to the Fourm, and clicked back here, it sent me to page one like always, but when I clicked to the last page, it sent me to the next page (2).
I can't say I understand this. "Back to the Forum" is this link, right: http://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/index.php ?
When you say "LAst page", do you mean "Page 45" in this line:

Pages (45): 1 2 3 4 5 ... 45 Next ยป

Probably you missed "45" and clicked "Next"?