Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'll check it, next time the site logs me out.. Seems that it keeps me logged in for 24 hours.. then logs me out.. you may not see it since you probably hit the site a lot more than I do.

Thanks

Mike
(27 May 2012, 20:37 )catransvestic Wrote: [ -> ]you may not see it since you probably hit the site a lot more than I do.

Yeah, very true. I'm online 24x7. But I've just checked in other browsers and other computers I haven't used for weeks and the forum logged me in automatically. I think it's the Cookie lifetime. OR you did not check the " indefinite" box when you log in.

Try the following. Click logout (at the top of the forum screen). Then check the "indefinite" box and log again.
(27 May 2012, 16:58 )catransvestic Wrote: [ -> ]i get redirected to a page and get a 404 error.

Yes, just tried that. Very strange and can be annoying. If you click the "Back" button it shows the image. BTW, what browser are you using?
(28 May 2012, 00:37 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
(27 May 2012, 16:58 )catransvestic Wrote: [ -> ]i get redirected to a page and get a 404 error.

Yes, just tried that. Very strange and can be annoying. If you click the "Back" button it shows the image. BTW, what browser are you using?

Firefox 12.0 on Mac OS X 10.7
Greetings there Folks.

Being well known as a cyber dunce I cannot post a "New" topic. So. is that me or part of the program limitations here? Please, keep it simple as cyber geekspeak to me is like talking to your doctor or mechanic which I understand more than computer techies and I lack access to a six year old to help out. Bottom line, how do I start a new topic as the instructions refer to a "New Topic" tab which is invisible on my screen. My gratitude in advance in copious amounts.

All the Best,
Dworkin
(30 May 2012, 13:19 )Dworkin Wrote: [ -> ]the instructions refer to a "New Topic" tab which is invisible on my screen.
The button is called "New thread" and there are two of them: on top of the thread list and below. Just like "New reply" within the thread.
The OS kernel and WordPress have been upgraded. Unfortunately had to disable some plugins.

Let's see what the performance will be.
The OS kernel and WordPress have been upgraded. Need to find some time and upgrade MyBB...
Just upgraded the kernel. Interesting, this is the first time 12.04 VPS rebooted correctly.
Soooooo..... Implemented lots of serious performance tweaks today. The load time has decreased to below 2sec. Let me know how it works now.

Also:

- removed the mobile versions of the blog and the forum - not many visitors are using mobile Internet, and the full site version looks OK now on mobile devices.
- upgraded the forum software
- upgraded forum and blog plugins
- upgraded Super DeepThroat game
- upgraded the kernel and OS apps
- removed almost all affiliated ads