Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(22 Apr 2020, 07:30 )Pidstupne Wrote: [ -> ]Попробуй поверить на сервере, что занимает порт:
netstat -natp | grep :12211
(22 Apr 2020, 02:01 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Checked the prog which uses 11211 - MYSQL!!!!!!!
Mysql is not supposed to listen to 11211!!!!!

😉
I've just figured out, that myfancybox slideshow plugin does not make use of templates and removed all the thumbnail tweaks I made years ago to increase the speed and, low the server load, and explain search engine what the image is about! Pffff.... No wonder the site dropped in the Google...

So, this is what I have done:

1. Replaced the built in thumbnail mechanism with usual cacheable pictures with direct path, and "alt" description
2. Added native (scriptless) lazyload - it should work in the latest browser.
3. Upgraded PHP to 7.4.6

As always, please keep an eye on things...
(15 May 2020, 00:48 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]2. Added native (scriptless) lazyload - it should work in the latest browser.

Here the result in firefox b77:

Before. Finish: 3.01s, Load: 2.79

[attachment=41103]

After. Finish: 1.44s, Load: 1.08s

[attachment=41102]
Added lazyloading to the blog as well (for both desktop and mobile versions).
Finished updating and tweaking plugins. I think I fixed all errors, but let me know if I did not notice anything.

Also, added lazy loading to embedded videos.
Image orientation should be set to the one saved in EXIF (for new attachments only).
Is it only me and only my Firefox 77 beta9 and/or lazy loading (implementation?) or something else breaks quick post editing? If the mouse focus leaves the textediting area?
Enough for this very long night. The goal for to remove the AutoMedia plugin along with a bunch of server-side PHP files and client-side JavaScript and CSS. To keep the same functionality I wrote embedders for a bunch of sites for another plugin, so I can embed media from other platforms a well, which are currently not supported, like xtube or bitchute. I can't say, that the load and processing time has decreased, but it's always better to have less code, than more code 😊

Let me know if some links (e.g. video) are not embedded correctly.

Note: uploaded to the forum mp3, mp4, webm files must be enclosed in the corresponding tags: [mp3], [mp4] or [webm] in order to be played from the site. Dunno how to do that without the removed plugin yet. If it's too inconvenient I will install the plugin back.
(26 May 2020, 00:54 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Is it only me and only my Firefox 77 beta9 and/or lazy loading (implementation?) or something else breaks quick post editing? If the mouse focus leaves the textediting area?
Removing the AutoMedia plugin (see above) solved the issue. Apparently some new bugs were introduced in the recent versions.
I can't get enough of this site 😁 I've added a filter for xtube and reembedded dozens and dozens of videos (they changed the URL structure, so it was a manual job). Again, you have something to rediscover here 😉