Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This site really is fantastic! I love the design, and the content is great. I was reading Anne's post about getting wrapped in plastic the wrong way and I was thinking a few things:

1. Would have been great to watch it live...maybe have a page of known channels for those who prefer to share? Perahps something as simple as people putting their streaming channels in their sigs would be enough, but there's an opportunity for likera to be "the place" to observe and chat during a session.

2. Sessions are dangerous, especially to those of us who are wrapping 2'' thick of plastic around our heads and not reading the warnings. In addition to these streams it may be feasible to have someone observing agree to engage any help if necessary. I don't know if I'm in the minority here but I don't have anyone in my life who I'd share these types of desires and frankly I'd feel a little more comfortable sharing with people who understand the interest even though I've not bet them before. The honous is on the "sessionee" to ensure their own safety but it wouldn't hurt to have a backup.
  3. There is an obvious concern:
  • If such a process were in place you don't want some troll coming here dialing the paramedics in your area as a prank.
  • So, perhaps this could be a "members only" option in a private forum. I think this would allow the administrator to use necessary means to verify the legitimacy of participants.

Maybe that is of interest, maybe I'm way off base, but just a thought. If I can ever get some assistance bagging my head with water, like those lovely women in one of your bagging pics, I'll be sure to donate.
If anybody knows about streaming software, please let me know. Though I'm not sure that the live streaming will be popular. We are all in different time zones... Even the chat is not popular, because it requires real-time presense.
I know plenty about streaming, in fact I'm streaming a hockey game right now for all my little followers, but as you stated this is probably not the right time. Hopefully membership will grow.
(13 Oct 2013, 00:34 )NoDiceSoldier Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully membership will grow.
"We currently have 6,476 members registered."
But:
"Members who have posted: 6.87%"

(13 Oct 2013, 00:34 )NoDiceSoldier Wrote: [ -> ]I know plenty about streaming
Good! Any links/URLs/pointers?
Just got an approval from Google Page Speed Service. According to the tests it greatly increases the performance - around 50-70%! The service is free so far and no future pricing is known. Will try it out in the next three days. There gonna be quite a few levels of cache, I might need to reconfigure the modspeed plugin from Google to move the load from my server to Google.

Fun! 😉
A series of upgrades is planned for today. You may experience slowdowns and downtimes.
The server is running Ubuntu 13.10 now. But so much has been changed/obsoleted/replaced...

No APC anymore. Now it's Zend opcache + APCu. Trying to understand how they work...
Disabled APC(u) completely. Let's see if Zend opcache can make it...
Installed new ModPageSpeed. It also works completely differently from the version I had before. Please let me know what you see now (speed-wise).
Just to let you know - when attempting to get to the landing page (http://www.likera.com/), I get an error message.

In Firefox,
Content Encoding Error
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

In Chrome,
ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED

I was able to get to other pages (like the forum) using their permalinks.

Also, trying to view pictures from in the forums -
in Firefox, they don't load at all. The "loading" icon comes up, and spins forever.
in Chrome, they take a long time to load, especially when navigating through multiple pictures with the arrow keys.