Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(17 Mar 2016, 11:24 )ltxrob Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance of tweaking the spacing/ layout for mobile??
Can you try again? I moved it into one line (removed <li> elements and corresponding styling), but the top menu looks different for me, because I have additional navigation items. Does it look better now?
Looks much better.... No major issues of clipping the wrong function now!!
Thanks
Just noticed, that after the recent forum upgrade on Mar 13, almost 200 users were removed. I wonder if the user pruning (those who have not completed the activation process) system was not working correctly before the upgrade. Anyway, please let me know if someone was "inadvertently exterminated".
WordPress (the blog software) has been upgraded. Please let me know if something is broken.
Apache crashed this morning, what looks to me because of library mismatch (missing symbol) after the Apache upgrade yesterday, but for some reason it was not automatically restarted. Investigating...
Upgrading the operating system...
Upgraded. It looks strange, but it works. MySQL is 5.7.12 now and very different from 5.6. Oh, that learning curve...
You might have experienced various database errors - I'm trying to get rid of MySQL (5.7) and migrate to MariaDB. MySQL 5.7 turned out to be weird, not quite compatible, and slow. But it's not possible without recreating all databases 😟 So, as always, there is no perfect solution, and everything requires time, efforts, and money.
Spent the whole day today trying to migrate from MySQL to MariaDB - failed miserably. The only way to migrate is to dump/restore all databases, but MariaDB always complains about syntax of some SQL queries. So, I'm currently stuck with not completely installed MySQL 5.7 😟 Fortunately I made copy of the directory structures and can switch between the two. Will try again next week, I'm completely exhausted now...
Yea, I noticed you had a bad day, the error messages were diverse, to say the least. I feel your pain. Better luck next time!