Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hmm.... The "Mark all as read" link on the bottom of the frontpage is also lost.
(28 May 2017, 07:07 )Wintemrute Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm.... The "Mark all as read" link on the bottom of the frontpage is also lost.
Hm, I never used it... Was it between the "||" here:

Log Out | | Forum Team | Forum Statistics
I noticed some more inconsistencies, that might be related to the changed templates. What needs to be done is to check what was manually changed in the templates, revert the templates to the default, then reapply the changes. Can be done 😉

If you have noticed, the quotes contain the links to the quoted posts now, what is VERY convenient.
Just discovered another feature - if you post a link, the editor adds a short collapsible excerpt. For example:

https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/showth...p?tid=1077

I'm not sure if it's in the core of the forum software, or a part of a plugin. But looks definitely interesting. I wish it could show images as well.

Aha, looks like it's done on-the-fly by AJAX.
(28 May 2017, 16:48 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]I wish it could show images as well.
Wow, it shows images, but I want to have some controls over them... Investigating further ...
Got it! It's AutoMedia plugin with http://oembed.com/
Tweaked the style a bit. The images will be resized to 200px max-height and the paragraphs will be left-aligned.
There's something funny going on with the login function now. I got to the forum main page, logged in and hit enter, and it dropped me back to the main page and showed it still not logged in (no error, no incorrect login, nothing). Did it again and got the same thing. I clicked on one of the discussions, and viola - it was logged in.

Essentially, you fill out the login info successfully and it logs in in the background, but the front page doesn't update to reflect this (maybe it's being cached?). Refreshing doesn't help, but if you navigate to another page, it works (and if you later come back to /forum/mybb, it then shows up correctly).

This occurs with both Firefox 53 and with Chrome 58.
This is strange... One option was added - you can now login using the email address. I wonder if it was a coincidence with me doing something or with this site ripper:

[attachment=23662]
Similar login experience for me. I kept logging in but it continued to look like I wasn't. Then I gave a wrong password on purpose. It gave me the login error message but said I was logged in.