Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed that likera.com is not blocked by WiFi providers and big companies anymore. Good sign 😉
(12 Dec 2016, 05:08 )madboyevil Wrote: [ -> ]
(10 Dec 2016, 23:09 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]The "ORDER" does not make any influence.... Next step is to directly run the SQL query in, say, phpMyAdmin, and check the result. Then continue with the PHP, possibly there is a "sort" somewhere...
Hope you can find the solution, and post it here, I'm curious of what could possibly be the problem

This one is fixed! It turned out that I was changing a file in the old, not used after the upgrade, directory. The developer of the plugin renamed the directory from MyAlerts to MybbStuff/MyAlerts/src, but the old directory was still there 😉
Yeah now I see the alert and now are ordered correctly! Thanks
Some notes. Last Saturday I noticed Google mail-system "complaints" about too much SPAM coming from the site (I use mail forwarding from likera.com to gmail.com). I made some investigations and installed antispam and antivirus software that managed to block all SPAM that coming to/through likera.com, but at the cost of 1GB RAM... Hmmm .... After some tweakings and removing features I got it down to 0.5GB, but it's still a lot. That's the price of maintaining a personal mail domain 😁

For some unknown reasons, mod_pagespeed began to spit errors and to refuse to properly optimize CSS and JS. Everything works, but not as optimized and fast as it's supposed to do. No ideas so far. Need more time...
(22 Dec 2016, 00:46 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]For some unknown reasons, mod_pagespeed began to spit errors and to refuse to properly optimize CSS and JS. Everything works, but not as optimized and fast as it's supposed to do. No ideas so far. Need more time...
It works as expected again. Good! 😉
Just to keep all changes in one place. The template for the top attachment panel has been modified to show the attachment thumbnails under the post editor.
(14 Mar 2016, 06:49 )jtr765 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you could use git to save versions of your settings
(14 Mar 2016, 10:49 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, is a good idea. Need to dig into that... Some changes are made in the database (e.g. forum templates), so, will need to save them as files... Mmmm... OK...

It was, actually, a great idea. I can't say I fully understand how GIT works, but I'm learning while uploading all the stuff I'm working on on GitHub. The learning curve has become very steep during the last 3 weeks 😁
Tried everything, but I can't make the search work with less, than 4 letters.... Tweaked the code, checked the DB, changed the settings in the GUI, DB and the local file, cleared the cache, restarted PHP, checked that MySQL Fulltext search supports 3 letters, but I'm still getting "The minimum search term length is 4 characters." error... Pffffff.....

BTW, the MyBB search system is terrible. It will be addressed in v2.0, but I do not expect miracles...
Yes, I see (just like @Culmor said) that the top upload button does not work. No idea why. Will check tomorrow.
(11 Feb 2017, 03:12 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I see (just like @Culmor said) that the top upload button does not work. No idea why. Will check tomorrow.

Found the issue! The form closure tag was in the wrong place in the Edit post and New thread templates. Looks like the uploading (top form) is working now.