Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tomorrow I will try to upgrade the forum software. So, please expect downtime.
YES! the forum is back and running 😁

Was really worried for a few days that we'd lost this wonderful place forever Help

Thank you Ra, once again, for your time and efforts Congratulate

MJ
(21 Aug 2014, 22:09 )madjack Wrote: [ -> ]YES! the forum is back and running 😁

Was really worried for a few days that we'd lost this wonderful place forever Help

Thank you Ra, once again, for your time and efforts Congratulate

MJ

Amen to that!
(21 Jul 2014, 03:33 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Tomorrow I will try to upgrade the forum software. So, please expect downtime.

Whats new/improved?
While I was on vacation ICANN complained to the registrar about not completed info. The registrar expected the documents in 5 days. I told then that I'm on vacation and have very limited Internet access, but still they locked the domain. After several mails from my side they finally unlocked the domain, but it's not over yet. Still working on getting ICANN satisfied. There were no problems during all these 12 years!!!
Upgraded the forum software (was 4 versions behind) and plugins to the latest available. Whistle if something is broken.
The problem with the registrar has been solved so far (fingers crossed). I think I drew extra attention when instead of annual renewal I extended the domain registration till Oct 2020 😁
There is a new major version of the forum software not compatible with the old one But for the first time I do not have acute upgraditis. Everything will have to be redone. Most likely more than half of plugins will not be compatible, all templates and theme style will have to be reverted to the original ones and then tweaked again....

Am I getting old? 😁
Just upgraded the RSS importer plugin (the one that produces Streams) to the latest version and made some changes to the code. Currently playing with the settings and adding new streams. Let me know if something is broken.
The operating system (and all the packages, of course) has been upgraded to the next release (14.10). Please let me know if you notice anything broken.