Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today the hosting company patched all systems against the Meltdown CPU bug. But why is the disk IO 4-6 times higher now???

[attachment=27631]

WordPress was updated yesterday - no changes in the disk/CPU load.
Next upgrades are:

o- MyBB (latest patches)
o- PHP - from 7.1 to 7.2 (this might be tricky)
o- Several MyBB plugins (tweaking might be needed)

(Sorry @Culmor... ๐Ÿ˜‰ )
(18 Jan 2018, 21:40 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]o- PHP - from 7.1 to 7.2 (this might be tricky)
According to MyBB and WordPress they are fully compatible with PHP 7.2(.1) with at least 10% speed boost. However, some 3d party plugins might have issues.
Ran into an interesting issue today. Apparently the site (in desktop mode) does not play nicely with the Firefox Focus mobile browser. I was trying out different browsers on Android and found this one. The Focus browser is built by Mozilla and essentially is permanently in incognito mode. Which is great until it comes back with this:
[attachment=27742][attachment=27743]
Oddly, the regular mobile Firefox browser works just fine.
(24 Jan 2018, 11:07 )BoundWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Firefox Focus mobile browser
MMm... never heard of it.... There used to be a mobile version of the forum, but the plugin was outdated, and not supported anymore ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ The developers promise a mobile version in MyBB 2.0, but the release date is unknown. Can be next year...

(24 Jan 2018, 11:07 )BoundWolf Wrote: [ -> ]the regular mobile Firefox browser works just fine.
That's great! At least there is a workaround ๐Ÿ˜‰
BTW, there IS a mobile version for the blog. I wonder why it does not show up. Probably because the User-agent is unknown to the plugin?
(18 Jan 2018, 21:40 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]o- PHP - from 7.1 to 7.2 (this might be tricky)
Done!
(18 Jan 2018, 21:40 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]o- MyBB (latest patches)
Done!
(18 Jan 2018, 21:40 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]o- Several MyBB plugins (tweaking might be needed)
Some plugin owners made side turns ๐Ÿ˜• Anyway, to make the embedding work, I had to install another plugin. Quoting is a a bit ugly now, but at least it works.

Just for the record:
AutoMedia v4.0
Simple Audito Video Embeder v4.0
Fast Quote v1.3.0

Still checking if anything else is broken. Looks OK so far.
Can anybody see Page 5 of this thread: https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Thread...ous?page=5

Something strange is going on... (even before the upgrade...)
(12 Feb 2018, 13:41 )Likeย Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Can anybody see Page 5 of this thread: https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Thread...ous?page=5

Something strange is going on... (even before the upgrade...)

No, last post starts with โ€œFor those who like dangerous experiments (check the script first!):โ€
(12 Feb 2018, 17:08 )bondagetom1 Wrote: [ -> ]No, last post starts with โ€œFor those who like dangerous experiments (check the script first!):โ€
Whoa.... So it's only me who sees the last 3 posts in that thread... I don't get it...

Can anybody, please post something in that thread? Anything? Just to see what will happen?