Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
o- Google has aeady picked up the HTTPS URLs - that was quick, I did not expect this.
o- I do like the site speed. Yes, there are several areas that MUST be rewritten, because they overload the database and way too inefficient, but for the first time I'm really impressed with how fast the site loads.
o- The ads system must be completely redone to be compatible with HTTPS, to be quicker, to use much less bandwidth and resources, and to comply with the new eBay protocol.
o- And then we have mobile devices. This part must be looked at again.

More work ๐Ÿ˜‰
Looks like I've just fixed the problem with logging in from mobile devices. I think it was some kind of a cookie conflict. Please relogin!
Yet another confirmation that you should tell me about any problems you are experiencing with the site. Thanks to @Vacbedbound I made another round and found out why I could not login using Firefox on Android. I had a workaround for myself (it worked in Chrome), so I ignored this issue for a while.

@herrpee, AFAIK you also had a problem with mobile logging in, right?
Euh, can't remember tbh, I don't visit these kind of sites frequently mobile. Let's say almost never.
Oh, it was MadJack:

(21 Oct 2015, 15:04 )madjack Wrote: [ -> ]I can access the site via my mobile but NOT login...

@madjack coul you please try to login from your mobile?
(18 Nov 2015, 14:39 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, it was MadJack:

(21 Oct 2015, 15:04 )madjack Wrote: [ -> ]I can access the site via my mobile but NOT login...

@madjack coul you please try to login from your mobile?

Its working.... for now ๐Ÿ˜

Success?

MJ
(18 Nov 2015, 16:21 )madjack Wrote: [ -> ]Success?
YESSSSSS!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜
Yes, I'm pretty happy and proud that after all my tweaks the site can survive and supply contentย at 10Mb/sec, but I wonder what it was...

[attachment=17106]
(07 Dec 2015, 12:20 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder what it was...
It was wget with 2-3 requests per second for several hours. No wonder the DB cache was smashed...
Errmmm... The latest HHVM upgrade crashes every minute, and it's not possible to install the previous version. Fortunately, I prepared PHP7 in advance (I was going to test if PHP7 is faster, than HHVM), so I was forced to migrate back to PHP-FPM, but to a completely new, also called next generation PHPv7. Can't say about the performance yet, what's more important - it works. But I will be tuning it during the day, so expect outages ๐Ÿ˜‰