Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know if it's only me, but I'm experiencing some strange behaviour from 'Alerts'

I seem to randomly receive alerts  for things that are months or even years old - see below:

[attachment=50122] - this one popped up and linked through to a post from 2018!!!!!

It's not the first time this has happened (though it is a bit extreme in the time it may have been delayed  😁 ), nor is it a real problem that 'needs to be fixed' - but I am curious if others are experiencing the same. 

MJ
(09 Aug 2021, 14:22 )madjack Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if it's only me, but I'm experiencing some strange behaviour from 'Alerts'
Yep, same. Might be something about moves between threads/forums (I frequently move posts and threads to keep the structure and "ontopicness"), timeouts/expiry dates, synchronization.
Linode added the global firewall feature, what means the OS firewall can be disabled to free up resources. Let me know if anything is broken 😇

(I hope they will add IPS/IDS as well).
(08 Aug 2021, 21:04 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Solved! It was BitLocker! Thanks much @BoundWolf!

A few more observations on this:
  • I have to temporarily disable Bitlocker to login, but once in, I can turn it back on and still browse normally.
  • I have to disable to view the Alerts popup.
  • I have to disable to post anything.  If I don't, I get the following error when I hit Preview, Post, or Save.
    Quote:There has been an error due to your post data being empty.
  • I tried whitelisting likera.com, but that didn't change anything.

I haven't been able to find any logs that show any blocking happening whatsoever.  Based on all this, I'm wondering if it might be BL blocking outgoing POST messages to certain domains.
(28 Aug 2021, 18:09 )BoundWolf Wrote: [ -> ]I'm wondering if it might be BL blocking outgoing POST messages to certain domains.
Then whitelisting should help, but
(28 Aug 2021, 18:09 )BoundWolf Wrote: [ -> ]I tried whitelisting likera.com, but that didn't change anything.
then I think it's something related to cookies, and common to all domains, most likely a bug. A good test would be a different MyB forum. For example, MyBB test subforum: https://community.mybb.com/forum-13.html. MyBB must not be blocked.

Does BitLocker have a support forum/line?
Hmmmm....

Once again I think I've forgotten how to use some of the basics - trying to be clever with the 'Spoiler' function (aka NSFW) 

I get this [attachment=50505] but no matter what I try and do next, nothing seems to work.

Obviously it's a PICNIC situation, but I'm sure I used to be able to do this thing quite easily

Help!

MJ
(01 Sep 2021, 13:56 )madjack Wrote: [ -> ]trying to be clever with the 'Spoiler' function (aka NSFW) 
Just click the text mode (the right most button) and use the spoiler tags:

Code:
[spoiler]
. . .
[/spoiler]
Another attempt to upgrade Apache (along with PHP, SSL, kernel and some other apps).
(07 Sep 2021, 21:33 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Another attempt to upgrade Apache
It hung after 40 minutes. 3 times longer, than before. This time I restarted PHP instead of Apache - also helped. Puzzled beyond limits... Keep testing.
Still no go... back to 2.4.46...