Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please try again with Shift-Reload (or better - clear cache). I fixed some serious issues, so it should be much more stable now. But so far I did not have problems with multiple uploads.
Just in case - see this picture uploading tutorial http://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/showthr...p?tid=1335
Deferring scripts using mod_pagespeed is rather unpredictable. It can decrease or increase the loading speed. On this site disabling this option decreased the total load time by 60% but slightly increased the rendering delay.

And again, the module broke the style sheets, so I had to delete the cache and restart Apache. Bugs, bugs, bugs.... And strange features...
Hi

since a couple of days pic klicking (zoom) does not work always. On some pics it does, but on many pics it does not.

And if it does zoom a pic, it is not sure you can play forward/reward to the next pic.

I am surfing with chrome(as always)

So something broke.

krinlyc
Yes, I noticed that. It works fine after Apache restart, and then stops working after ~12-20 hours. Cache gets corrupted for some reason. I got the same results for Apache 2.2 and 2.4, mod_pagespeed stable and release. Searching the support forum ATM...
I have one idea about the forum images - just disabled their caching. Let's see if it helps.
I've never had any problems. I can't believe this site gets enough traffic that you need to go in and edit specific apache settings. I mean I wish it did - and I hope for the community to grow to the point where you need full time staff, but right now it's fine for me. I guess better to learn now and not when traffic is greater. Do you have a UAT / testing environment ?
(26 Oct 2013, 21:38 )NoDiceSoldier Wrote: [ -> ]I've never had any problems.
Good!
(26 Oct 2013, 21:38 )NoDiceSoldier Wrote: [ -> ]can't believe this site gets enough traffic
~200GB/month
(26 Oct 2013, 21:38 )NoDiceSoldier Wrote: [ -> ]that you need to go in and edit specific apache settings.
Apache, PHP, MySQL, plugins, caches, scripts, etc are very thoroughly tweaked. If you are curious, you can read this thread from the beginning to get the idea 😉
(26 Oct 2013, 21:38 )NoDiceSoldier Wrote: [ -> ]to the point where you need full time staff
He-he... Full time staff here is me 😁 And the job is actually full time (read here http://www.likera.com/donate/donate.php )
(26 Oct 2013, 21:38 )NoDiceSoldier Wrote: [ -> ]but right now it's fine for me.
Hence I'm doing it good! 😉
(26 Oct 2013, 21:38 )NoDiceSoldier Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a UAT / testing environment ?
Yes and no. There is another test site I use for testing purposes. But I'm the only user. Next stage is this site. UAT results are posted here.
Without advertising I don't see how this can be full time, unless you're also managing other ad-supported sites.
(27 Oct 2013, 14:23 )NoDiceSoldier Wrote: [ -> ]Without advertising I don't see how this can be full time
That's because you do not manage web-sites 😉 BTW, are you working in IT?