Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(28 Jun 2017, 22:37 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]OpenSSL 1.1 is out for Ubuntu, so I activated mobile friendly CHACHA20-POLY1305 cipher suite for this site (ChaCha20-Poly1305 is three times faster than AES-128-GCM on mobile devices). That means lower CPU cycles and longer battery life 😉 What means you can take more photos with your phone and upload them here 😉

That's one heck of a word salad there 😊
(19 Jun 2017, 11:08 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
(01 Jun 2017, 07:22 )jtr765 Wrote: [ -> ]The blue dot showing new messages in a subforum isn't working for me.
What is not working exactly? As far as I remember, clicking on the blue dot should mark all messages read in that subforum.

I'm sorry for the late answer. I was on holiday in the Netherlands  😎 .

The blue dot shows, in which forum there are new messages. Up to now i used it to navigate to new topics.

In the last weeks, the blue dot didn't show all new messages, but I think the problem lies somewhere else. I have a screenshot from five minutes ago:

[attachment=24105]

The dates in "Latest Threads" and "Last Post" don't match. I think the main page is not updated.

Maybe this helps...
(04 Jul 2017, 15:02 )jtr765 Wrote: [ -> ]I was on holiday in the Netherlands 
Oh! I wonder where, if I may ask!

(04 Jul 2017, 15:02 )jtr765 Wrote: [ -> ]The dates in "Latest Threads" and "Last Post" don't match. I think the main page is not updated.
This is strange and definitely something new... It does look like caching... What happens if you "Shift-Reload" the page?
(04 Jul 2017, 15:32 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
(04 Jul 2017, 15:02 )jtr765 Wrote: [ -> ]I was on holiday in the Netherlands 
Oh! I wonder where, if I may ask!
We visited Maastricht, Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Edam, Alkmaar Den Haag and Gouda. It was a trip by boat with some additional days in AirBnBs. 😁 Nice country with very friendly inhabitants.

(04 Jul 2017, 15:32 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
(04 Jul 2017, 15:02 )jtr765 Wrote: [ -> ]The dates in "Latest Threads" and "Last Post" don't match. I think the main page is not updated.
This is strange and definitely something new... It does look like caching... What happens if you "Shift-Reload" the page?
I think it's a cahce thing at the server. Shift-Reload won't change anything...
(04 Jul 2017, 16:59 )jtr765 Wrote: [ -> ]We visited Maastricht, Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Edam, Alkmaar Den Haag and Gouda.
Wow, that's the whole country, excluding Groningen and Leeuwarden! Nice!

(04 Jul 2017, 16:59 )jtr765 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice country with very friendly inhabitants.
I love NL too 😉

(04 Jul 2017, 16:59 )jtr765 Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's a cahce thing at the server. Shift-Reload won't change anything...
Oh, yes, I see it now. My page is also not updated properly 😁 Thanks for noticing! Investigating...
Sub-forums show the last post correctly, it's only the "Home" and "Forum" pages that show that behaviour. I think it's software bug - running clean-up tasks, restarting PHP does not help. I did not notice any related forum settings either. Will check MyBB issues on GitHub...
Tried to tweak the templates but to no avail. It still looks like a bug.
The interesting thing is - the "Last forum post" gets updated but only after several days, not immediately, unlike the portal. So far I could not find the scheduled task that updates it. Rebooting/restarting the server/site does not help.
I'm back to recreating old pages which has references to @#$%^ Photobucket. This service is not free anymore, so images disappeared. I aeady reuploaded all pictures in the blog, but lots of static pages are virtually dead.

Thanks to those who sent me reminders by mail! This work is extremely boring and tedious, so I postpone it and postpone 😁
HTTPS is, obviously, the future, and there is no way back to HTTP. While HTTP is still supported by the server, I updated all major links to point to HTTPS. Also, the Streams pagination is changed (HTTP was hardcoded into the plugin).

User profiles now show the last 5 posts, and there is a new field - "Fetishes". You can click on my username on the left to see what it looks like. To change the Bio, Fetishes and other fields, go to User CP -> Edit profile.

Any suggestions for additional fields?