Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I reverted the setting back, so only username can be used for logging in (email is disabled). Any changes after Shift-Reload?
Yes, I see that lots of templates are outdated and should be checked one by one. The login problem might be related to cookie settings, that are changed in one of the templates. More work...

Just in case, I temporary disabled the mobile version of the forum for the same reason. BTW, looks like the GoMobile plugin is abandoned, so a new solution might be needed. The MyBB 2.0 theme should be responsive, but there is no ETA for v2.0. Not even approximate. But it will be a huge and scary upgrade 😁
Tweaked the style a bit. The images will be resized to 200px max-height and the paragraphs will be left-aligned.
(28 May 2017, 07:07 )Wintemrute Wrote: [ -> ]. The "Mark all as read" link on the bottom of the frontpage is also lost.
Fixed!
(29 May 2017, 04:47 )BoundWolf Wrote: [ -> ]There's something funny going on with the login function now.  I got to the forum main page, logged in and hit enter, and it dropped me back to the main page and showed it still not logged in (no error, no incorrect login, nothing).  Did it again and got the same thing.  I clicked on one of the discussions, and viola - it was logged in.

Essentially, you fill out the login info successfully and it logs in in the background, but the front page doesn't update to reflect this (maybe it's being cached?).  Refreshing doesn't help, but if you navigate to another page, it works (and if you later come back to /forum/mybb, it then shows up correctly).

This occurs with both Firefox 53 and with Chrome 58.

I still have the same problem.  😟
Using IE
Weird, I've just tried to relogin using a test account, and it worked perfectly. I wonder if it's related to cookies and/or AdBlockers (Adblockers can block cookies).

Actually, just tested with uBlock - works fine. But it depends on the settings.
No changes from my side. I've try Chrome , same behaviour as with IE.  Everything was fine yesterday.
Still can't reproduce what you see - tried different OSes and browsers....  Can you try to delete the cookies for the site? For both HTTP and HTTPS? BTW, are you using HTTPS?
(29 May 2017, 18:58 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Still can't reproduce what you see - tried different OSes and browsers....  Can you try to delete the cookies for the site? For both HTTP and HTTPS? BTW, are you using HTTPS?

I have deleted the cookie for the site then restarted IE. 
On login page it's http. When I open some thred,  it's https and I'm logged in. 

So , just on first page on the forum , after I fill u/p, I'm back on first page  with a message "If you would like to use search functions, view attachments or play games, please consider registering."
OK, I think it's related to HTTPS. Here's the setting:

"Secure Cookie Flag
Cookies can be set with the Secure flag to prevent them from being sent over unencrypted connections. You should enable this setting only if your forum works correctly under HTTPS."

Currently it's set to "Yes". Let's see what happens if I set it to "No". Can you please try again?
Looks like it's working now.  I think you're right - Firefox pops up a warning that the login is not secure, so that would make sense.
[attachment=23674]