Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow, that's cool.
Just press that triangle and bang, your back to the top of the page.
I like that. Quick and easy.
Added the same feature for the blog. But I can't make it work in ordinary pages without direct including jQuery. And adding jQuery after the page is loaded works only in the debugger and not "general" browser. Looks like a race condition, dunno... Probably it's not possible to defer jQuery.js.

Also spent a whole day identifying all forum plugins and searching for updates or tweaks to make them work under 1.8. So far it looks like the upgrade is possible without losing functionality. But it will definitely take at least a couple of days.

And finally. I've just realised that the current drop-down menus do not allow touch-screen devices to click submenus. Ha-ha... That means another solutions is needed.

I'm tired...
Oh, BTW, do we need the "Down" button? To get to the bottom of the page? It will be a bit more difficult to implement (design-wise).
(15 Dec 2014, 01:09 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Added the same feature for the blog. But I can't make it work in ordinary pages without direct including jQuery. And adding jQuery after the page is loaded works only in the debugger and not "general" browser. Looks like a race condition, dunno... Probably it's not possible to defer jQuery.js.
Ha! Found a solution. So simple... It works now 😉
(15 Dec 2014, 01:09 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]And finally. I've just realised that the current drop-down menus do not allow touch-screen devices to click submenus. Ha-ha... That means another solutions is needed.
Partially solved this as well. At least for the most popular topics.
A down button [v] would be handy, but I don't think is needed.
Just a way to get back to the [ Fourm ] after reading the last posting.
(15 Dec 2014, 11:42 )Tinker D Wrote: [ -> ]A down button [v] would be handy, but I don't think is needed.
Possible reasons are to quickly go down to the:
o- Reply form (forum)
o- Statistics (forum)
o- Comment form (blog)
o- Pagination (blog Streams)

Yes, not critical, at all, I just wonder if someone will use it. OTOH, you never know until you try, right? 😉
Just manually reported 324 spam blog comments to Stop Forum SPAM. Time consuming, but very satisfying 😉 One good deed is done today.
Chat stopped working. I have to upgrade and redesign it anyway...
Looks like added jQueries library broke Chat. Fixed now. But not yet upgraded.