Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02 Mar 2019, 03:17 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]The size of the mailbox (private messages) has been increased to 500. Let me know if this is not enough
Has anybody reached the limit?
Just wanted to say thanks for this site. I've tried hosting forums, and other wordpress type sites, and it's not easy. Hackers, and bots, and garbage posts. You've kept this site up a long time, and I've never really seen any of that. Hats off to ya. Great job.
Thanks! I'm doing my best! 😊
Ahh... Same bug again - stuck smilies cache. If anybody had issues with posting images or creating new threads - please try again.
Now I need to remember to clean up the cache every time I restart the PHP service.
First of all, I want to thank likera for maintaining this site in such an excellent way. It is my favorite "global village". It must not be easy to keep the place so clean of commercial garbage. I have run a site, which was purely professional, and it needed quite some attention to keep the bad stuff out.
(27 Nov 2019, 23:18 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
(02 Mar 2019, 03:17 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]The size of the mailbox (private messages) has been increased to 500. Let me know if this is not enough
Has anybody reached the limit?
After lightning fast conversations with @princesitanatty I think I have to increase it to at least 1000 😁
PHP has been just upgraded to version 7.4. Looks OK so far, no errors.
I tweaked some forum internals - with a help of some plugins the result should be a much faster scripts loading in the usual viewing mode (I removed one blocking script). As always - if anything is broken, please let me know.
I noticed one interesting thing - the caching has become very effective, rather too effective. I have to refresh twice to get the pages updated. Though, I'm not sure if it's PHP 7.4 or firefox 73. or both. Has anybody else noticed a similar behaviour?