Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rippers spoil the picture, break caches and overload the server. Mod-qos does not work, need to compile the latest version.
Bloody rippers ... Compiling mod_qos...

...Looks like the latest version required lots of additional apache modules and libraries.
Compiled, installed, apache crashed. Fun! 😁
Looks like I've stepped onto a non-tested land. moq_gos and mod_pagespeed were not tested if they can work together.
Whoooohhh... That was not easy. After I upgraded the OS release to the latest distribution, I finally decided to migrate from MPM-ITK (prefork + su) and mod_php5 to MPM-Worker. To make the long story short, the current configuration is MPM-Worker + FastCGI + PHP-FPM + APC + mod_pagespeed. Due to the available memory (1GB) I can't configure too many PHP processes. So I gradually went from 6 to 18, 10 always available.

The performance when not too busy has jumped up a notch, but when there are no free PHP processes, the waiting time (till the 1st byte) can be up to 20 seconds. Need more memory...

Any problems so far?
Hi Ra

one problem - am trying to share my latest adventure but can't upload any attachements.

takes an age to do nothing 😟

MJ
(22 Oct 2012, 11:23 )madjack Wrote: [ -> ]one problem - am trying to share my latest adventure but can't upload any attachements.
Do you get any errors? Checking now...
How big are the files?
Increased the maximum file size to 4MB. It was reset by the new installation to 2MB. Try again? Works for me.
(22 Oct 2012, 13:07 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Increased the maximum file size to 4MB. It was reset by the new installation to 2MB. Try again? Works for me.

trying again - file size was a bit big Blush

MJ

It works - probably file size, so I've reduced all.

new session posted for your pleasure

MJ