Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(16 Feb 2019, 04:38 )zan Wrote: [ -> ]This is what a dev/sandbox environment is for
Theoretically yes, this would be the proper way to deploy any new changes, but ... I would have to support and keep in sync not one but two servers. What means even more time and efforts for something I'm not only not paid, but for what I pay 😁 So my strategy is to test whatever I can on a separate page on this live website or (if testing in advance is not possible) be prepared for a quick roll back, should something go wrong.
Just noticed a strange thing. When I click "Post Reply" the message does not appear in the forum until I refresh the page. This is something about AJAX/jQuery, need to investigate. I don't remember this was the case after right I fixed some issues (see above). OTOH, my firefox is misbehaving today. Investigating...
(22 Feb 2019, 17:09 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Just noticed a strange thing.  When I click "Post Reply" the message does not appear in the forum until I refresh the page. This is something about AJAX/jQuery, need to investigate. I don't remember this was the case after right I fixed some issues (see above). OTOH, my firefox is misbehaving today. Investigating...

I have the same issue, thought there was a networking issue at first.
(23 Feb 2019, 08:21 )Anne Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same issue
😟

Can't figure out yet what it is.
WebConsole shows JSON syntax error in the QuickReply function in thread.js:

SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

And it's not related to ModPageSpeed caching or anything obvious related to the changes I made. jQuery version? But it worked perfectly for several days.
It was the TapaTalk plugin, which is not used by at least 99.99% of visitors. Deactivated.
Firefox Web Dev Console/Dbugger is a fantastic tool (even if you have no idea how it all works or is supposed to work).
The size of the mailbox (private messages) has been increased to 500. Let me know if this is not enough 😉
The forum software has been upgraded to the latest version. As always, please keep an eye on glitches and errors.
Looks like I can't add attachments. Something recached. Going through all templates again one by one...