Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Am I the only one who finds the "facebook thumbs up" unsettling...
There are so many sites with that button on it, when you click it, it appears on your facebook if you are logged in (or you are taken to the fb login)
The things I share here, I am totally not ready to share it with the rest of the world...
(22 Apr 2015, 08:29 )herrpee Wrote: [ -> ]Am I the only one who finds the "facebook thumbs up" unsettling...
I can remove the "Thumb" and leave only "Like Post" on the button. Will that work better? Or replace "Like Post" with "Thank you".
(22 Apr 2015, 07:52 )BoundWolf Wrote: [ -> ]When looking at the New Posts list, there used to be a button on each thread that said something like "3 new posts"
I tried to install that plugin, but it gives the "White Screen of Death", so needs to be rewritten. I did not see any obvious things, like errors in the logs, and I did not dig into the code, just disabled it for the time being 😉
That "thank you" is an excellent idea!
OK, this is built-into the plugin, an easy change.
(22 Apr 2015, 15:47 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]OK, this is built-into the plugin, an easy change.
Thank you 😯k:
(22 Apr 2015, 07:52 )BoundWolf Wrote: [ -> ]When looking at the New Posts list, there used to be a button on each thread that said something like "3 new posts", and clicking on that would take you directly to wherever you had left off. With the way it is set up now, I can never remember what the last one I read was
There is a solution for this. Clicking on the green arrow in front of the thread title forwards you to the first unread post in the thread:

[attachment=14829]
The OS has been upgraded to 15.04! So we have new PHP, new MySQL, new kernel, new systemd, etc. Let's see if it performs better 😉
MySQL upgrade solved the old table cache issue. Instead of 0% hit it's now 97% without any DB or code adjustments! Also PHP 5.6 is about 5-10% faster, than 5.5.

OTOH, the WordPress upgrade screwed up my database tuning. Redoing it again from scratch. This time I will copy all SQL lines generated by phpMyAdmin in one file to quickly reapply the setting after another WP upgrade.
Just for info:

The mobile version doesn't show videos. A video-only-post apears empty...

But no need to hurry. Desktop works fine.