Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Aha, it's the APC cache fragmentation what caused the problem. You learn something every day. Increased the cache size to 192MB, and user cache TTL to 5400 and garbage collection timer to 3600.
Looks like I fixed the "cache overflown" issue 😉 The fragmentation was the problem, indeed. No cache flushes in more than 1 day. Increased the TTL again 😉
The OS has been upgraded to Ubuntu 13.04! They promise less memory usage and higher performance. Let's see... At least I see that some packages were upgraded to the latest versions not available for v12.10.
Just an FYI: all images uploaded to the forum have been backed up.
The forum software has been upgraded. Plugins are next...
Updated plugins (one by one), uploaded new games. "Tags" are not visible at the moment (I think I need to manually tweak the templates). Probably later. I'm done for today with upgrades 😁
Wooohaaa!!!! The site survived a merciless ripping from one IP address in Germany at 2+Mb/sec. The cache stayed intact, the server was responding.

I'm really proud of what I've achieved with my performance tuning! 😁
Hmmm... One of the WordPress plugin caused errors for not logged to the blog users. Disabled the plugin for the time being.
Performance-Tuningis, upgraditis, improvementitis ans other diseases are very contagious 😁 The APC cache is aeady boosted up to 256MB (he-he, it was 64 not that long time ago). MySQL caches have also been tuned (I still need to "up" a couple).

But what bothers me is the increased MySQL writes since I moved from MyISAM to InnoDB. The log size is bigger than the hourly amounts of writes, but it does not help. I do not like the disk IO graph at all. And I do not understand how come mysql writes twice as much as it reads!!! When I close WordPress for general public the load goes back to normal, so it's not MyBB.
So far I manage to keep up with the kernel updates. You may have noticed that the server gets rebooted every weekend. I combine reboots with new mysql and php parameter changes. Also, reboots help to solve various memory leaks.