Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: General TG, TS, TV and sex change thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That's interesting.... And also related to Hypno and Propaganda threads.

Parent reports of adolescents and young adults perceived to show signs of a rapid onset of gender dysphoria
Published: August 16, 2018
https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0202330

Quote:Purpose

In on-line forums, parents have reported that their children seemed to experience a sudden or rapid onset of gender dysphoria, appearing for the first time during puberty or even after its completion. Parents describe that the onset of gender dysphoria seemed to occur in the context of belonging to a peer group where one, multiple, or even all of the friends have become gender dysphoric and transgender-identified during the same timeframe. Parents also report that their children exhibited an increase in social media/internet use prior to disclosure of a transgender identity. Recently, clinicians have reported that post-puberty presentations of gender dysphoria in natal females that appear to be rapid in onset is a phenomenon that they are seeing more and more in their clinic. Academics have raised questions about the role of social media in the development of gender dysphoria. The purpose of this study was to collect data about parents’ observations, experiences, and perspectives about their adolescent and young adult (AYA) children showing signs of an apparent sudden or rapid onset of gender dysphoria that began during or after puberty, and develop hypotheses about factors that may contribute to the onset and/or expression of gender dysphoria among this demographic group.

And one quote:

Quote:The majority of respondents (69.2%) believed that their child was using language that they found online when they “came out.” A total of 130 participants provided optional open text responses to this question, and responses fell into the following categories: why they thought the child was using language they found online (51); description of what the child said but didn’t provide a reason that they suspected the child was using language they found online (61); something else about the conversation (8) or the child (7) and don’t know (3). Of the 51 responses describing reasons why respondents thought their child was reproducing language they found online, the top two reasons were that it didn’t sound like their child’s voice (19 respondents) and that the parent later looked online and recognized the same words and phrases that their child used when they announced a transgender identity (14 respondents). The observation that it didn’t sound like their child’s voice was also expressed as “sounding scripted,” like their child was “reading from a script,” “wooden,” “like a form letter,” and that it didn’t sound like their child’s words. Parents described finding the words their child said to them “verbatim,” “word for word,” “practically copy and paste,” and “identical” in online and other sources. The following quotes capture these top two observations. One parent said, “It seemed different from the way she usually talked—I remember thinking it was like hearing someone who had memorized a lot of definitions for a vocabulary test.” Another respondent said, “The email [my child sent to me] read like all of the narratives posted online almost word for word.”

Quote:Specifically, parents reported that, after “coming out,” their children exhibited a worsening of their mental well-being. Additionally, parents noted worsening of the parent-child relationship and observed that their children had narrowed their interests (Table 8). Although small numbers of AYAs had improvement in mental well-being (12.6%), parent-child relationship (7.4%), grades/academic performance (6.4%), and had broadened their interests and hobbies (5.1%); the most common outcomes were worsened mental well-being (47.2%); worsened parent child relationship (57.3%); unchanged or mixed grades/academic performance (59.1%); and a narrowed range of interests and hobbies (58.1%). One parent describing her child’s trajectory offered, “After announcing she was transgender, my daughter’s depression increased significantly. She became more withdrawn. She stopped participating in activities which she previously enjoyed, stopped participating in family activities, and significantly decreased her interaction with friends. Her symptoms became so severe that she was placed on medication by her physician.”

. . .

AYAs are reported to have exhibited one or more of the following behaviors: expressed distrust of information about gender dysphoria and transgenderism coming from mainstream doctors and psychologists (51.8%); tried to isolate themselves from their family (49.4%); expressed that they only trust information about gender dysphoria and transgenderism that comes from transgender websites and/or transgender people and sources (46.6%); lost interest in activities where participants aren’t predominantly transgender or LGBTIA (32.3%); stopped spending time with friends who were not transgender (25.1%); expressed distrust of people who were not transgender (22.7%) (Table 10). Many AYAs have also: withdrawn from their family (45.0%); told other people or posted on social media that their parent is “transphobic,” “abusive,” or “toxic” because the parent does not agree with child’s self-assessment of being transgender (43.0%); refused to speak to their parent (28.5%), defended the practice of lying to or withholding information from therapists or doctors in order to obtain hormones for transition more quickly (16.5%); tried to run away (6.8%). The behaviors and outcomes listed above were considered significant changes from the child’s baseline behaviors for 71.4% of respondents checking any of the items.

There are more interesting examples in the article. Typical signs of propaganda, brainwashing, and cult results.
So much of that is very explainable.

Only noticed once they came out? Duh, vast majority of parents do not realize we're trans that young, and back in my day we kept it hidden. So the parents only realize when the trans child comes out. Yes, it is as simple as that and doesn't need any research.

Increased internet use? Of course, again, duh. The trans child is searching for more information, they have feelings and issues they need answers to, to ensure them that yes, it is normal. And to search out SUPPORT systems.

So it is thereby logical that yes, trans children will get their info more from trans support sites and trans people and groups rather than doctors themselves. WHY? You may ask? The medical community a) still treats us as having a mental disorder b) does not have a unified consensus on how to deal with trans, let alone trans children and c) they protect their ass. Even today, for ME, I still can't find a family doctor that accepts trans patients, and that is in Montreal, Canada!!! Home of the best SRS surgeon and in a country that is more "accepting" (yeah.... no. Reality? I face death more now than I did in war)

Was that info peer reviewed btw?
btw - I knew I was female from the age of 4. And this loooooooong before the internet.
(10 Feb 2023, 00:29 )vanessa_fetish Wrote: [ -> ]I knew I was female from the age of 4.
That's interesting. How did you feel that?

My wife and I often discuss the subject, and she can't believe that this is possible, especially without any "provoking" from parents, for example:"Boys don't do that! This is for girls only!" Obviously, the reaction would be:"Then I'm a girl!"
(10 Feb 2023, 00:26 )vanessa_fetish Wrote: [ -> ]So much of that is very explainable.

Only noticed once they came out? Duh, vast majority of parents do not realize we're trans that young, and back in my day we kept it hidden. So the parents only realize when the trans child comes out. Yes, it is as simple as that and doesn't need any research.

Increased internet use? Of course, again, duh. The trans child is searching for more information, they have feelings and issues they need answers to, to ensure them that yes, it is normal. And to search out SUPPORT systems.

So it is thereby logical that yes, trans children will get their info more from trans support sites and trans people and groups rather than doctors themselves. WHY? You may ask? The medical community a) still treats us as having a mental disorder b) does not have a unified consensus on how to deal with trans, let alone trans children and c) they protect their ass. Even today, for ME, I still can't find a family doctor that accepts trans patients, and that is in Montreal, Canada!!! Home of the best SRS surgeon and in a country that is more "accepting" (yeah.... no. Reality? I face death more now than I did in war)

Just out of curiosity, because I would like to understand this:

Can you also explain why this happens in groups?
Does the group exist before the trans feeling or only after?
(10 Feb 2023, 01:01 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
(10 Feb 2023, 00:29 )vanessa_fetish Wrote: [ -> ]I knew I was female from the age of 4.
That's interesting. How did you feel that?

My wife and I often discuss the subject, and she can't believe that this is possible, especially without any "provoking" from parents, for example:"Boys don't do that! This is for girls only!"  Obviously, the reaction would be:"Then I'm a girl!"

I never felt comfy in male clothing for one. I always preferred playing Barbie with my friend Helen over GI Joes with my friend Kevin for another. At that age I couldn't form any kind of "why do I feel this way", I just knew. And we're talking like 1972, so NO internet, NO mention in daily life of what trans is, etc. No prodding either - to this day my mom is NOT supportive of me. Dad was though, and I miss his support (he passed away just before pandemic hit).

Much of what is considered attributes of masculinity and femininity is created by society. For instance I know I am female, yet I love hockey, served in the army and went to peacekeeping and war, and love guns. Yet I also love to cuddle, wear nice feminine clothing to parties etc, etc etc
(10 Feb 2023, 09:06 )Zooy Wrote: [ -> ]
(10 Feb 2023, 00:26 )vanessa_fetish Wrote: [ -> ]So much of that is very explainable.

Just out of curiosity, because I would like to understand this:

Can you also explain why this happens in groups?

Before. Sometimes the person may not have it fully formed that they are, and seek to find the answers. They know they're different. But generally, in my now decades of experience, they know, they just want to seek support. Family often do not "get it" and have trouble with it. Friends, the same. It's like a gamer seeking out those like them etc. It's what is happening.

Support groups, advocacy groups, etc, for trans are just like any support or advocacy group.

People come together in groups. We have Muslims in Muslim groups, we have leathermen in leathermen groups, we have Chinese in Chinese groups. We have knitters in knitters groups.

The right wing tends to give groups they don't like bad press, make them look evil etc, when they're not.
(10 Feb 2023, 09:06 )Zooy Wrote: [ -> ]Can you also explain why this happens in groups?
I think it's the same as "the chicken and the egg" - the causality loop. And we are back to resonances, and egregors...

Yet, at the same time, all other possible reasons coexist. E.g. the medics & farma are very interested in additional income. Those, who transition early, literally pay a mortgage to them (@vanessa_fetish, please correct me if I calculated wrongly). Multiplied by the amount of TGs, they are getting an extra billion from those who wouldn't pay otherwise. Nothing personal, pure business...
(11 Feb 2023, 05:26 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
(10 Feb 2023, 09:06 )Zooy Wrote: [ -> ]Can you also explain why this happens in groups?
I think it's the same as "the chicken and the egg" - the causality loop. And we are back to resonances, and egregors...

Yet, at the same time, all other possible reasons coexist. E.g. the medics & farma are very interested in additional income. Those, who transition early, literally pay a mortgage to them (@vanessa_fetish, please correct me if I calculated wrongly). Multiplied by the amount of TGs, they are getting an extra billion from those who wouldn't pay otherwise. Nothing personal, pure business...

Depends on country (and/or state or province etc). For instance, health care in Canada is covered by each province or territory and they decide what procedures are covered. The USA it's what insurance covers what and if you can afford it. UK is national. Etc.

Overall in Canada SRS is paid for by healthcare (some provinces do not but most do now). But that covers just the SRS, hormones and any extra surgeries the person pays for. At least medication prices here are regulated, and wayyyyyy cheaper than the U$A so big pharma doesn't get as much. 

Transitioning early wasn't an option for me, I had to wait til 1998 to come out, and did that in the Canadian Forces (second transsexual to do so). So I essentially started at age 30 to begin to be me full time. 

One thing that is most expensive? Hair removal. Going the electrolysis route can cost in the end more than the surgery. Laser works but only medical grade operated by trained persons and not on all colours of hair. 

One of the hardest things to find? Healthcare. Even to just get a doctor to get you the help needed to transition. After care as well. I haven't had a true family doctor since 2005. Since 2015 I've been going to the veterans hospital for that. And have been trying to get them to be on board but the doctors don't want to touch the subject. When in reality ANY doctor can prescribe hormones, only a measly amount will for us. Thus - blackmarket 'mones.
(11 Feb 2023, 17:51 )vanessa_fetish Wrote: [ -> ]nd wayyyyyy cheaper than the U$A so big pharma doesn't get as much. 
Yeah, I checked the US prices.

(11 Feb 2023, 17:51 )vanessa_fetish Wrote: [ -> ]One thing that is most expensive? Hair removal.
And hair removal prices were not in my list 😁 But the face surgery was in the list.