Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: General TG, TS, TV and sex change thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(19 Feb 2023, 18:09 )davinasissynw Wrote: [ -> ]my partner of many many years isn't a woman and wasn't assigned that sex at birth and yet she can't get pregnant
Hang on.. Your partner is not a woman, and she can't get pregnant. What's strange here?
(20 Feb 2023, 06:48 )vanessa_fetish Wrote: [ -> ]problems with pronouns
What problems with pronouns? What's wrong with names? If someone wants to be called differently (apparently, there are plenty of possible variants out there, and some individuals periodically change them, because "today they feel it this way"), and this is important for that person, it's his/her/whatever task to notify the partners either in advance or during the conversation (or after).

Also, what do you suggest to replace Sir, Madam, Herr, Frau, Meneer, Mevrouw, Señor, Señora, etc with? These words are usually used to address an unknown person, not pronouns.
(20 Feb 2023, 07:22 )Lancer Wrote: [ -> ]ze/zi/xe/xi/zir/zer/xir/xer
It's worse, than that:

[attachment=57889]

Source: https://uwm.edu/lgbtrc/support/gender-pronouns/

Apparently, those, who are not enthusiastic about this matrix, are transphobes and to be cancelled? 🤣
More variants:

Quote:The dean of women at Pomona College, Rachel N. Levin, advised against professors asking students to reveal their PGPs during class introductions, since this could upset those whom the PGP use is supposed to support. The two examples Levin gives include one student who has to confront not passing (in other words, that their gender presentation is not clear to people around them), and another student who does not know which pronouns to request others to use.

Quote:Steven Taylor, Inclusion and Diversity Consultant for Inclusive Employers, an organization focused on improving workplace inclusion, wrote that while adding pronouns is a way for cisgender people to make non-binary and transgender people more recognized, it should not "be mandated" as an organization might have "trans colleagues who do not feel able to share their pronouns yet."

Quote:Meredith Boe of Inhersight said that companies should not require pronouns in email signatures because it can "make many gender-expansive people uncomfortable".

Whatever you do, it will offend someone. And there is always someone who is looking for that (being offended, that is).
Oh! "We"! Exists forever in many languages! Nice article! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nosism

"How are we feeling today?" 😄
(18 Feb 2023, 22:21 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
(18 Feb 2023, 19:43 )vanessa_fetish Wrote: [ -> ]Then call them it if they want.
Arggghh... This is SO wrong!!!! *IT*!!!! Not *THEM*!!!!! Can't you see the difference????!!!! It's sooo itphobic, so demeaning, so denigrating!!!! 😭

A bit hyperbolic but pretty true, lol. According to the graphic, calling someone "it" is transphobic but there are people who say their pronoun is it so are you transphobic if you call them it? Things get confusing very easily when the line keeps getting redrawn.
(19 Feb 2023, 21:48 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
(19 Feb 2023, 18:09 )davinasissynw Wrote: [ -> ]gender neutral used of they and them is as old as the hills in English
Most likely, you are from the US 😊 To address one person as "they" is too weird, unless it's a polite form built-in the language, for example, Spanish. But it has nothing to do with "political correctness".

Languages is an interesting subject. I wonder how different TGs feel in countries with highly "genderized" languages. For example, even simple 1st person "thanks" has two forms in Portuguese: obrigado/obrigada.

I grew up in the UK, it was considered pretty normal when I was a kid to use they/them like that especially if you weren't sure  - there's a non-trivial number of hard to guess names.
(20 Feb 2023, 10:49 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
(19 Feb 2023, 18:09 )davinasissynw Wrote: [ -> ]my partner of many many years isn't a woman and wasn't assigned that sex at birth and yet she can't get pregnant
Hang on.. Your partner is not a woman, and she can't get pregnant. What's strange here?

That was badly worded. "WAS" assigned at birth. She cannot get pregnant and is a woman. It seems daft in the extreme to tie the notion of what is a woman to one thing that not all women can do anyway.
(20 Feb 2023, 01:17 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
(19 Feb 2023, 21:48 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Most likely, you are from the US
Just seen in the news, that British publishers of kids books remove words like ugly, fat, freak or replace them with neutral or meaningless words. E.g. "I'm still a freak" is replaced with "I'm still myself". "Fat boy" became "enormous boy". The books are from 50-60-70 years ago, when there was no political correctness yet.

I grew up reading Dahl's books and frankly this is somewhat pointless - they've updated the language in a lot of the classics from that long ago many times. Some of Dahl's language was pretty hard to stomach when  I first read them and that was over 40 years ago now.