Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Cosplay - Fetish or Fun?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Balent and Pfeiffer Catwoman cowls arrived from Reevzfx in the USA today so here a peek at some works in progress. The Balent one was made to match a rubber swatch I sent and Shawn did an excellent job 😊

[attachment=15603][attachment=15606][attachment=15605]

Looking at close-ups of Michelle's cowl in the movie it's clear she wore a rubber hood beneath it. The rear zip of her catsuit reaches the bottom of her neck, then there's more rubber , then her cowl. Sometimes you can see skin between the hood and the chin-strap of her cowl (real skin, not the translucent rubber 'skin' you can see at her right shoulder).

[attachment=15613]

I couldn't see how this could work (maybe chlorination would help?) but I carried out a test using plenty of silicone lube over a latex hood and surprisingly the cowl slips on even easier over that than it does over just a wig-cap. Apparently the first time Michelle wore the full costume she didn't feel she could act in it and I can well understand why. The feelings of compression and enclosure are to say the least... distracting (and I don't even have the boots and whip yet).

That said, I've finished building my prop taser. I was thinking of adding some LEDs (as per my GLaDOS headpiece) but thought it wisest not to tempt fate, the real thing is illegal in the UK after all...

[attachment=15614]
BelleChere wearing a Reevzfx Balent cowl.

[video=youtube]

Source: https://youtu.be/xqzcJ4vZABw
[/video]
I wasn't going to put any pics of my 'Batman Returns' Catwoman crossplay up up till I got the right boots and the whip but I couldn't wait to try the cowl with the suit. The pic is ghastly because I had problems with not being able to use the camera's buttons with the claws. Plus the gloves stuck to the suit so I broke both thumb claws getting them on. Wrist zips in them might be the way forward.

Anyway here's the work-in-progress.

[attachment=15661]

Edit, it looks a bit like I'm wearing a face mask in this pic. I'm not, it's just Stargazer white foundation and powder from the Goth shops in Camden Market in London.
(10 Aug 2015, 22:47 )culmor Wrote: [ -> ].......The pic is ghastly because I had problems with not being able to use the camera's buttons with the claws. Plus the gloves stuck to the suit so I broke both thumb claws getting them on.......

This is just the sort of detail that both the comics and movies gloss over - how the hell does Catwoman get in and out of her suit without shredding it, and we all know how precious women get about breaking their fingernails! Rofl2

Maybe that's why the suit in the movies is covered in stitch marks - all the repairs Catwoman had to make after ripping it with her claws?

MJ
Quote:how the hell does Catwoman get in and out of her suit...
Apparently she can even do it while driving O.o

[attachment=15707]

Quote:...we all know how precious women get about breaking their fingernails!

[attachment=15704]

I'm not much a fan of the Ed Brubaker incarnation of Catwoman but here's an excellent crossplay of her by Akane Xhoshigaki.

[attachment=15706]
Cosplay warm-up stretching exercise.... or a new challenge for Culmor? 😉

[attachment=15745] - I wish I was that flexible!

MJ
Here's Doctorderanged as the Black Canary. And I thought my BC leo was high-cut >.<

[attachment=15746][attachment=15747][attachment=15748][attachment=15749][attachment=15750][attachment=15751][attachment=15752]

As an aside, I saw the Spidergirl a while ago but I've been unable to post pics recently, just got the spinning uploading wheel that never stopped. Seems to be OK now though.

Quote:... or a new challenge for Culmor?

I aeady have one 😉
Work is in progress.

[attachment=15753]
An outfit based on a costume rather than a proper cosplay but still fun to wear.

[attachment=15754][attachment=15755][attachment=15756][attachment=15757][attachment=15758][attachment=15759][attachment=15760][attachment=15761]

The same outfit with but Platinos Cleancuts and Capezio bodytights under the fishnets rather than Danskins Supershimmers, I think I prefer this look.

[attachment=15762][attachment=15763]
Sad news Batgirl actress Yvonne Craig dies aged 78

[attachment=15764] - many a fantasy from my youth

MJ
Yes, even though it wasn't unexpected it was a great shock to read it. RIP.

The last ten or so paragraphs of this obit indicate Yvonne and Julie knew exactly the effect they had on fans 😉

http://www.newsfromme.com/2015/08/19/yvo...aig-r-i-p/

@madjack, there's been a lot activity by Batfans to try and have Getty Images take down that Batgirl pic. Whoever it is, it isn't Yvonne and it isn't even a very screen-accurate costume.

Also, I have no idea why 'Madjack' has two 'k's above, it doesn't if I try to edit it!