Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: RetroShare
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(18 Sep 2023, 02:16 )dhf7b8g Wrote: [ -> ]I ignored it after a day of trying to compile and make it work
Why did you have to compile it? There are precompiled packages. What OS are you running?
(18 Sep 2023, 11:19 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Why did you have to compile it? There are precompiled packages. What OS are you running?
I use alpine for all of my single use docker images because its just about as minimal as you can get. It sadly doesn't have a retroshare package.
The "solution" is probably better than what I could have achieved with the webui anyway so I'm not really bothered. Fully featured linux desktop environment running inside docker, streamed straight to a web browser so I can use it for anything else that comes up if its annoying to run headlessly. (see image)

Retroshare uses more resources than I initially thought, probably since I just didn't notice any extra usage when it was running on my desktop. TOR has one of my server CPU cores at 100% pretty much all the time. I'm not short on ram so I don't really care about how much it uses there but my server cpu is only 4c/4t so I might need to do some performance limiting on the docker side and check how that impacts network performance.
(18 Sep 2023, 18:20 )dhf7b8g Wrote: [ -> ]TOR has one of my server CPU cores at 100% pretty much all the time.
Yes, very true, same problem.
New version of RetroShare for UNIX has been released! https://retroshare.cc/downloads.html

If you are on Ubuntu - install retroshare-common-unstable retroshare-gui-unstable. The "stable" versions are "empty".
Hi, how do you import the list of certs that cinon/erostratus has compiled?

Also, I've added a couple certs here and there and I think a couple has added me back. How long does it take for files to start appearing under the Friends Files tab? There's nothing there atm
My retroshare doesnt work, it displays this message when trying to add a cert:

"
The DHT is OFF, so Retroshare cannot find your Friends.
[...]
Go to Settings->Server and change config to "Public: DHT and Discovery"
"

I cant find these settings and aeady tried googling, could you help me out ?
(30 Nov 2023, 01:28 )Frogboy Wrote: [ -> ]The DHT is OFF, so Retroshare cannot find your Friends.
Ignore it. Just keep adding certs and confirming friends (in the Activity tab).
i will never badmouth retroshare ever again.....now that i know!
(03 Jan 2024, 18:01 )therealjesse92 Wrote: [ -> ]i will never badmouth retroshare ever again.....now that i know!
Apparently, it works for you now 😉 ?
(03 Jan 2024, 22:09 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
(03 Jan 2024, 18:01 )therealjesse92 Wrote: [ -> ]i will never badmouth retroshare ever again.....now that i know!
Apparently, it works for you now 😉 ?

yes it does work for me  💓