Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: RetroShare
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(24 Jan 2021, 16:57 )pinkpillz2025 Wrote: [ -> ]how do i use search function on RS

1- Files -> Search
2- Enter some keywords, for example, sissy mp3, press enter
3- Right click on the appeared files and click "Download"
(24 Jan 2021, 16:58 )pinkpillz2025 Wrote: [ -> ]can i post screenshots on this forum for proof
Of course you can.
(02 Feb 2021, 21:19 )Lesotho Wrote: [ -> ]i am dumb and don't know how to use retro. I do know how to use rapidgator, keep2share or mega.nz.

Thanks for your reply

Don't give up. I'm dumb too and I got it going (I think) after a couple of hours of trying.
I've never gotten retro to work properly either.
(03 Feb 2021, 21:53 )kor faeron Wrote: [ -> ]I've just wrote a quite detailed guide to setup retroshare
Great! I will move your tutorial to the RetroShare thread and will place it as the 2nd-3d post.
(05 Jun 2019, 23:04 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]The original tutorial from 8ch (the only issue is that the "Hypnosis Keyserver" is mostly down):

The Hypnosis RetroShare Network is a free, anonymous file sharing network with tens of thousands of files available.

Retroshare uses Tor, an anonymous and secure network, so setting it up takes a bit more time than just creating an account on a website but it's worth it.

It's now much easier to get in (broken down in very small steps):

1. Get Retroshare (Tor Only version) Qt5, Portable: http://retroshare.net/downloads.html

2. Extract the folder somewhere you like

3. Start retroshare.exe that is inside the folder you just extracted

4. Choose a username, a password, move your mouse arround a bit and press "Go!"

5. Wait until tor establishes a connection

6. Retroshare is open and ready to connect to the network. We now need to register you with the keyserver

7. Download the tor browser. You just need it once: https://www.torproject.org/download/down...sy.html.en

8. Extract it and run it

9. Go to the following url: http://scwmwsig5mvoyz32.onion

10. Click on English

11. Open Retroshare in the first ("Home") tab

12. Copy the big block of text. That's your certificate/key

13. Paste it in the box on the website

14. Solve the captcha and press "Validate"

15. The server gives you it's own certificate back. Copy it and go back to retroshare

16. In the "Home" tab, click on the "Add friends certificate" button

17. Paste the certificate of the keyserver into the new window and press "next"

18. Press "finish"

19. Go to the "Network" tab and wait a minute. The "Hypnosis Keyserver" should connect and appear green

20. Inside the "Network" tab, click on the "Keyring" tab. You will now have access to all the nodes that have ever existed on the network. No need to accept them all!

21. Order the Keyring table by "Last Used" and wait for one hour. After that all the keys should show "Today" in the "Last used" column. After some more waiting you will see that if you sort again, some nodes show "Last hour" again. That means they are active

22. Double Click those active nodes and press the big "accept connections" button, then "OK"

23. These users will be notified that you have tried to connect to them and will eventually add you back

That's it!

Read the next post for a short introduction on how the network is structured.

If you need support at any point, here's how you do it:

- If you managed to connect to the Keyserver then go to the "Chats" tab and double click the "Chatserver EN" entry on the left. You will be able to chat with people in the network. The answer may take time if noone is looking at their computer, but we'll answer.

Is this still current info?
(04 Feb 2021, 20:23 )bobthebuilder Wrote: [ -> ]Is this still current info?
See also the second post in this thread with pictures.
(24 May 2019, 12:54 )kor faeron Wrote: [ -> ]I've just wrote a quite detailed guide to setup retroshare, but seems like images is broken, how I should paste them?
Copy&paste does not work, you have to upload files into the forum: https://www.likera.com/blog/wp/archives/69526
Ok, I think I have it working now, I have green dots where I should and I'm adding a bunch of people, but don't know how I'll know when someone adds me....I've never gotten it working this far to know what's next here, lol. I added my cert on the cert thread.
I fololowed to the T. Friend are offline...
I have a log error come up too. idk. we'll see.