Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: RetroShare
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought that link is for forum, no? I'm still new here so forgive me if I don't know much about Retroshare.

Aside from adding cert, what can you do in RS anyway?
(16 Apr 2020, 02:47 )thedongofapocalypse Wrote: [ -> ]I thought that link is for forum, no?
This is a Tor link, accessible via Tor only. Where did you get it?

(16 Apr 2020, 02:47 )thedongofapocalypse Wrote: [ -> ]what can you do in RS anyway?
Share files, download files, talk to others in chats and forums, create your own streams, make secure calls...
AH yes I do use Tor to access that forum link, but either I miss something or my country net provider is that slow to the point where I can't access that one.
Hey guys, could you please give me a hand? I just installed retroshare, followed the steps and whatnot, but when I'm trying to search the SB link posted some pages ago, Nothing comes up. Seems like I don't even know where to search it, its so confusing. I can't see anything on the app, I read that you need friends in order to join forums and read things, but that link that was posted should work without adding the person as a friend? I'm so confused.

Could you please give me a hand? I've been checking info for a long while to no avail.
(03 May 2020, 00:19 )Akiram Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, could you please give me a hand? I just installed retroshare, followed the steps and whatnot, but when I'm trying to search the SB link posted some pages ago, Nothing comes up. Seems like I don't even know where to search it, its so confusing. I can't see anything on the app, I read that you need friends in order to join forums and read things, but that link that was posted should work without adding the person as a friend? I'm so confused.

Could you please give me a hand? I've been checking info for a long while to no avail.

What worked for me was pasting it into a new private chat in Retro with just use in the chatroom, then clicking the link there. It just seems to be a little wonky for different users, cause I couldn't get it to work otherwise
(03 May 2020, 00:19 )Akiram Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like I don't even know where to search it, its so confusing.

Files -> Search -> Search for 20200321

If nothing found - you do not have friends enough. Add everyone from this thread https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Thread...hare-certs
Thank you so much guys!

Quick edit : I added the link you posted, Like Ra -" NO-OP cert" and it gave me this "The DHT is OFF, so Retroshare cannot find your Friends." is that fine? I cannot change it in options - network, as the only options avaliable are "discovery on" and "discovery off"

Sorry if I'm asking too much, still, thank you so much for the help.
(03 May 2020, 00:49 )Akiram Wrote: [ -> ]" NO-OP cert"
Just ignore it, not sure if it still exists
(03 May 2020, 00:49 )Akiram Wrote: [ -> ]"The DHT is OFF, so Retroshare cannot find your Friends." is that fine?
Yes, this is OK if Preferences -> Network -> Network Mode set to Dark Net: None
DHT can be turned off.

(03 May 2020, 00:49 )Akiram Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if I'm asking too much, still, thank you so much for the help.
I will move all related posts to https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Thread-RetroShare
I finally managed to download it! its a 100KB file, though..when I double click it I can see all the folder, but I cannot download anything. Will keep trying - thx for the help, LikeRa!
(03 May 2020, 02:58 )Akiram Wrote: [ -> ]I finally managed to download it!
Good!
(03 May 2020, 02:58 )Akiram Wrote: [ -> ]when I double click it I can see all the folder
Good!
(03 May 2020, 02:58 )Akiram Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot download anything.
But you did click "Download" or whatever that button is called, didn't you?
(03 May 2020, 02:58 )Akiram Wrote: [ -> ]Will keep trying
Good! 😉
All you need is "good friends" and patience!

(03 May 2020, 02:58 )Akiram Wrote: [ -> ]thx for the help, LikeRa!
Always welcome! 😊