Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: RetroShare
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
systemd crashes constantly
(21 Jun 2021, 01:09 )bzorl Wrote: [ -> ]systemd crashes constantly
Ha! I had the same issue - had to kill the container 😕
(21 Jun 2021, 01:10 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
(21 Jun 2021, 01:09 )bzorl Wrote: [ -> ]systemd crashes constantly
Ha! I had the same issue - had to kill the container 😕

(21 Jun 2021, 01:07 )bzorl Wrote: [ -> ]I might disappear from RS until I reconfigure everything from scratch

😁
What is the reasoning for using the portable RS VS the installed (windows) RS? And is there any differences in getting TOR to work with either on boot up, automatically?
I just tried to update my portable RS. The instructions said to copy "Data" folder and paste in new RS version's folder. 

Before I do that - the new version of RS starts with the setup window but when I copy the Data folder - its seems to be stuck at establishing a tor circuit at 95%

anyone else have this issue? Am I missing a step in the update process?
help me out guys whenever I try to download files on this new build(.6.6) they will download but will not open, furthermore I can't find them anywhere on my laptop afterwords, note this all started happening after I updated it.

Edit: I've found out they just end up in the partials folder how do I get them out?
Retroshare has tried All Known Addresses, with no success
The DHT is needed if your friends have Dynamic IP Addresses.
Only Advanced Retroshare users should switch off the DHT.

Go to Settings->Server and change config to "Public: DHT and Discovery"

Any way to solve this? In network i only have Discovery On. My Retroshare is 0.6.6 Portable with Tor.
(07 Jul 2021, 01:11 )whatevzbra Wrote: [ -> ]help me out guys whenever I try to download files on this new build(.6.6) they will download but will not open, furthermore I can't find them anywhere on my laptop afterwords, note this all started happening after I updated it.

Edit: I've found out they just end up in the partials folder how do I get them out?

I've had this happen on a couple of files - just try adding '.mp3' onto the end of the file name and it may work, have a listen and see if it plays ok. Not sure if it works for '.m4a' as well.
(07 Jul 2021, 16:02 )xDDJ Wrote: [ -> ]Retroshare has tried All Known Addresses, with no success
The DHT is needed if your friends have Dynamic IP Addresses.
Only Advanced Retroshare users should switch off the DHT.

Go to Settings->Server and change config to "Public: DHT and Discovery"

Any way to solve this? In network i only have Discovery On. My Retroshare is 0.6.6 Portable with Tor.

I am also struggling with this, anyone able to help?
Thank you in advance!
yeah im also getting that error... when I try to add certs I get a yellow bar first

[Image: YkKOyLD.png]

then after a little bit I get a red bar with the same error others were getting above :c

[Image: 7qThhDj.png]

I'm using the tor version and I followed the guide at the beginning of this thread with pictures and everything is green in the network preferences tab and hidden services and stuff. But when I try to add people I just get errors...

though, in my people tab theres a lot of "unvalidated" but then theres some people that it looks like it worked? but idk if it actually did or not and I dont wanna go and add like 200 people if im not doing it correctly, so am I doing this right? is this error ok? what about the unvalidated people?

[Image: mY23HIz.png]

ugh idk what to do... I just wanted to download files from a retroshare file link but that isnt working either so idk.. 

can anyone please help ;-;